Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Avast there me hearties!  

Well shiver me timbers, and blow me down, it's time for another fun and fabulous challenge at Magnolia-licious™ Challenge Blog.  For this month our theme is "Anchors Away"  (or is that Anchors Aweigh?) 

 Any WAY, we'd love for you to join in the fun and share your incredible creation with us...:-)

How to Play
Enter a project by July 31st
You must use a stamp from any stamp line
carried by the Magnolia-licious store
on your project
No Back-linking...NEW projects only
No more than 3 entries per person, per challenge please
Turn off Word Verification if you would like DT comments
One random winner will receive a
Surprise gift from Magnolia-licious.



For my project I purchased a journal from the NOW $1.50 bin at Michael's.  It came already decorated, so my contributions were pretty minimal.


My darling image is "Un-Anchor Tilda" #216.  She was just perfect for this theme!  She is an older image and no longer available in the regular size, but there is a Mini image available.
The Wooden Anchor is also from a bin at Michael's, the ribbon's tied to the coils are from my stash.


Here is a closer look at her.  She is colored with Copic markers on Cryogen White cardstock.  The mat around her is Real Red from SU.  The little gingham is a retired SU ribbon.  I use this with great care as they no longer sell it and I loved their pretty gingham.

I wanted to add a ribbon for a page marker so I had to come up with a unique way to attach it.  I had already colored this darling #253 American Bow Tilda.  I popped her on some SU Pacific Point CS attached the ribbon to the back of the journal and then secured her on top.  She is REALLY secured!  I used a heap of 1/2" ScorTape available from Diana at ScorPal.

I needed something to weigh the ribbon down so I went looking through my button bin.  I had two of these heart shaped buttons, ran a little Baker's Twine through the holes and then glued the buttons back to back sandwiching the ribbon between. 

So here's one more quick look at my journal...


Time to heave-ho for now, maties.  Hope you'll sail on over the the Challenge Blog and sit a spell with us under the Jolly Roger.

Many blessings,
Barb

6 comments:

  1. What a cute journal this is Barb, love your colouring of these sweet Tildas. Love your page marker and that fabulous Anchor. Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great idea and really love your colouring of one of my favourite characters: Tilda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Barb! It's perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea Barb, very sweet xo Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son is in the Navy so I'm lovin the anchor theme! This is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty. Love your coloring. The bookmark is a great addition.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment.

Hugs....Barb