Saturday, January 30, 2010

Four Challenges - One Card


Hi everyone! I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend. It's a little chilly here in Texas but nothing like the snow and ice that are hitting other parts of the country. I'm so thankful for mild Texas winters.

I have another card done. I followed three challenges for this card so it made the putting of it together much easier. Took most of the guess work out of my creativity.

The first challenge I was really wanting to participate in, which finishes tomorrow, is from Copic Creations. The challenge was to do Ethnic skin. Well I just happened to have the perfect stamp. This is Tilda with Stripped Tights from the Pink Collection. Roses on Paper had a wonderful sketch which suited itself to the image perfectly. Cute Card Thursday want flowers, flowers, flowers! Well.....that's not a stretch for me...and finally, Just Magnolia wants Hearts and Flowers. I think my card qualifies!

Here is a picture of the sketch...



Here'a my card...



The sentiment is from Just Rite Stamps Curls Monogram and Lettering set. The lace is from my stash as are the heart pin and pearl. All dp is from MME Wild Asparagus collection.

Here's a close-up of my Tilda. Thanks to Suzanne Dean's tutorial, coloring this skin was so easy! I used E11, E21, E13, E25 and R22 for the cheeks. For the hair I used E25, E29 and E49. The tights were colored with BG10, BG13 and BG18. The dress was paper pieced.



Here'a how my flowers look, sprayed with Pearl Glimmer Mist and sprinkled just a little with Diamond Dust...you can't even tell until you enlarge the picture, but its nice and sparkly IRL.



To finish the inside of my card I used an Classic Oval and Scalloped Oval which I'd had lying around for about 4 months. I new I would use it somewhere. I colored Tilda again and cut her out and popped her up on dimensionals on the oval. For the opposite side I simply added some white cs which is matted with Taken with Teal and I used my MS Flourish punch on the one side.



Here is a closer view of the Tilda on the inside...



Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Your appraisal of my creation is much appreciated...hope the rest of your weekend is super!

32 comments:

  1. OOOOOOO, BARB!!!!! This is soooo beautiful!!! I love the papers and the gorgeous colors!! And Oh my goodness Tilda is colored soooo beautifully!! You did an amazing job with this card!! I love everything about it! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb,
    What a great job you have done on this card, she looks beautiful. The coloring and shading are perfect!! I only wish I could do as well. The inside is just a nice as the outside too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh! this is so adorable Barb.
    She looks just like the twins. Yes! I have been looking at all the photo's of the children and they are so gorgeous.
    your colouring is beautiful and I just love your layout.
    Hugs Marion

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, this is fabulous! I think she looks so much like my niece. I love the coloring...she's just beautiful! Now I have to get that image. Your work is amazing and inspiring! Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a gorgeous card! I love the colors and those flowers are stunning!
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow totally beautiful Barb...my fav colours. Thanks so much for such wonderful work and the inspiration you give us! Cheers, Lora Sinkler-Lake (Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful work!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barb,
    This is a beautiful card! I really like the colors it's so fresh and cheery. Love the flower grouping. I'm so glad that I discovered glimmer mist it is so delicate and adds to much to a card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH Barb your card is so beautiful! You have colored Tilda so perfectly she looks amazing! I love her dress. Your design papers lace and flowers are the perfect touches! The inside is beautiful as well! I Love Love Love your card!!!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. You should win hands down your card is beautiful.I love every thing about your card.
    I am glad also that we in Texas don't have the winters like they do up north.I was out this morning
    breaking ice so the cats and dogs
    and donkey could have water lol. I don't have to worry about the cows unless it freezes for quite a while

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Barb... this is simply lovely!! I can't stop looking at her :) Thanks for joining us at rop... you sent us some eye candy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Barb... this is simply lovely!! I can't stop looking at her :) Thanks for joining us at rop... you sent us some eye candy :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Barb, this card is fabulous! Your coloring is awesome. Love the paper piecing on the dress.

    Hugs, Deb H.

    ReplyDelete
  14. She's so lovely Barb! I love the soft colors and paper piecing--she's just a doll! Wonderful!

    hugz,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Barb...your card is lovely. I just love the flowers on it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty card Barb! Love the soft colors and your DPs. Great take on the sketch. Cami

    ReplyDelete
  17. Barb, every card I have seen on yorr blog I have adored and have learned something from.. I am in awe of all of them and this one is no different.. I love the colors and the detailing.. great job...
    Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  18. BARB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR GONNA MAKE ME CRY ! IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL! I dont know Barb if you want to be third person to send me this card it would be great lol! This week alone i received two UNEXPECTED CARDS from two friends from our yahoo group using this little girl!Is that ironic or what!!?? Barb your card is DROP DEAD GORJUSS!! The coloring is stunning OH I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!OH just kidding on sending it to me but the story is true.RubyM:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! Your card is beautiful ... the colors ae gorgeous and so fresh looking! Your coloring of Tilda is amazing - awesome job! I'm sooo happy you could join us again for this Copic Creations Challenge! You're a Copic master. :) hugz, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous, Gorgeous and more Gorgeous!!! You have such an eye for color and detail- wonderful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is soooo darling. These images from Mo look so much like your little twins you're watching.

    ReplyDelete
  22. wowza Bard...she is gorgeous. I too lvoe the colors and your paper piecing..not to mention the embellies you've used. Such a wonderful card..

    Hugs
    Nancy T.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your card is beautifull Barb !! I love it :)).

    Hugs Monique

    ReplyDelete
  24. Barb, this is beautiful. I love the colors you've chosen. Just lovely. Your coloring is perfect! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh wow Barb! This is so GORGEOUS! What a great card, superb coloring and fantastic details. Great take on the sketch and so beautiful inside and out! Thanks for playing with us and sharing your talent at ROP/BNW Challenges!

    Hugs,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wowzer. Barb, simply gorgeous. Love this colour scheme--ooh, I think I have some DP with these colours. Thanks for inspiration. Awesome colouring. Haven't tried this skin colour, but I have this Tilda image now so will give it a try. Beautiful flower arrangement. I adore your card!!!

    Hugs.
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Barb! I love how you mat behind the pattern paper layers! It really presents the image so well! Your Tilda is absolutely precious....your coloring is beautiful and the paper piecing just makes her totally charming! Sweetest thing and love that hair-bow! hehe Children are a delight!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  28. She's amazing, Barb! Your coloring is awesome, and everything you've used on the front is JUST PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love seeing how illustrators use their own set! And I love seeing such out of the ordinary ideas! Love this

    ReplyDelete
  30. Barb, Your card is stunning. I love the flowers, papers and the gorgeous colours. Wow, Tilda is colored so wonderfully. I love everything about this amazing card. Hugs Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  31. Inside and out your card is simply stunning. I love combining challenges and you've done an amazing job. Thanks for joining us at Roses on Paper

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a beatuiful card, love the flowers! Thanks for joining us at JM this week x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment.

Hugs....Barb