Monday, January 25, 2010

Christmas All Year Long meets Pretty In Pink!



Welcome to the first ever "Christmas All Year Long" Blog Hop. If you've just hopped over here from Julie Glasgow's blog, you've started out in the right direction!

This is my card and I have been eagerly awaiting the time to post this card. Since I posted my other Christmas card much too soon, I really wanted to be able to make a different card to use for the Christmas All Year Long Blog Hop. I also wanted very much to take part in the Pretty In Pink Challenge over at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog! Woo Hoo! I've managed to combine the two in one card.

I had colored this image around the end of November, but had laid her aside with the craziness of Christmas and Advent Calendar stuff and kids, kids, kids! When I read about the Pretty in Pink challenge, well I pulled her off the shelf and picked out some Magnolia Papers that I thought would look great with her and then got to work. Really the card should not have taken me very long, since the coloring and papers were already pre-determined, but, oh, how I fussed and fumed over the embellishments and which way to lay my narrow panel and it took me days to make up my mind. Finally it began to come together and here is the end result...



Here are the ingredients for my card:

Bazzill White, Whisper White, Cryogen White, Brushed Silver cardstock
Magnolia Designer paper
Prisma Color Pencils
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and Ranger Distress in Tattered Roses
Martha Stewart Lace Edge Punch and leaf branch punch
Spellbinders Fancy Labels Punch
Versamark Ink with SU Sterling Silver Embossing Powder
Just Right Stamps
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Pink Azelia and Pearl
Computer generated sentiments on front and inside
Tulle - stash
Heart Pin - stash
Silvery glittery beads - stash
Silver Pearls - stash
Mini roses and Rose Buds - stash
Bridal spray - stash
Silver chain - stash

Here is a close up view of my Tilda (the image was stamped for me by my friend):



To finish the inside I used one more sheet of the Magnolia striped dp mounted on the rose colored dp. All my panels have been stitched on my sewing machine. I used Just Right Stamps Celebrations Demi Phrases and A Merry Little Christmas Centers and Borders to make the tag on the inside.



So now it's time to head on over to Brandi Burns' blog and see what she has done for the Blog Hop. Have fun and get inspired enough to join us for our second Blog Hop in February.

37 comments:

  1. Your card is so lovely Barb !!

    Hugs Monique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the colors and the stick pin!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Just two cards so far and I'm blown away! This is gorgeous, Barb! And what fun to have this blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb, Wow, your card is breathtaking, inside & out, the softness of the pretty pink, the sweet sweet image and your colouring is beautiful. The flowers, tulle, pin and ms doily border is so perfect. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barb, this card is stunning!
    I had to enlarge the pic to be able to see all the details..and they are awesome!
    marvelous work you have done!!!
    xxx
    Vivi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow super card, love all the pretty details Barb. Your work always inspires me!!

    Hugs,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, adorable, just beautiful! She looks like she's here today. We were supposed to just get light snow looks like a blizzard to me. Great job Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mornin' Barb! Love your vintage papers w/this image - the stitching, the sentiment, that label...just wonderful together! Love the silver beads on the flakes! so lovely!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  10. Barb your card is stunning as always, your eye for detail is perfect. I love her.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Barb, I love love love your card! Simply sweet. Very beutiful this vintage paper. Hugssss Lena

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Barb, this is stunning! Gorgeous coloring and papers are lovely. Tilda is beautifully colored and I love those flowers. Where do you get the rosebud flowers? I've never seen them? Beautiful job! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  13. Barb you did an awsome job!!! It's adorable hun! I love love all the pretty colors and your coloring is so cute! Thanks for the inspiration hun((hugs))RubyM:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. As always Barb,your card is so beautiful.I don't have a blog yet
    but I enjoy looking at everyones
    cards.
    Linda W.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my!!! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!! I am really loving this, Barb!!! Beautiful colors, fabulous coloring, and amazing detailing! I love it!!! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this card is great!!! I love the colors and all the little finishing touches you added.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Barb!
    This is gorgeous!!! So soft and delicate and just simply wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is stunning! So soft and beautiful.

    Thank you for joining us in the Magnolia-licious Christmas Card Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card. I love how you colored Tilda.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This card is beautiful. I love pink for Christmas. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Barb! As always your card is most wonderful. I love your DP with the pretty flowers and wings on it! You have coloured Tilda perfectly/ The inside is as gorgeous as the outside!!! Really like the silver balls you put on the front :o)
    Hugs Candy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Barb, this is gorgeous! I do like this Tilda image and I just love the way you’ve coloured her dress. Your attention to details is amazing. The stitching looks great. I love the shape of your tag. Beautiful flower arrangement. Terrific job on the card. Love it.

    Hugs.
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a darling card, Barb! I love her & love the embellies that you used! Just beautiful!
    Huggies ~
    Sharron ♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your card is absolutely beautiful Barb! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh Barb your card is gorgeous!! I love it everything is just perfect! Tilda is adorable and colored beautifully! I love the papers that you selected and the flowers and stick pin are the perfect touches. Love Love Love your card!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my, this is a stunning card! I am loving the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh Barb,Your card is beatiful I love it.
    Linda W.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a pretty card. The pink and tan are so great together.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Barb, this card is beautiful - so soft and lovely. Every element shines. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Stunning card, Barb! Love that hat pin!

    ReplyDelete
  31. The soft colors of your card are very nice. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous card Barb. Lovely pink and the elegant layout :o) I still have lots of Magnolia stamps that I bought, but never get a chance to use them yet :op
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  33. Barb, this card is so beautiful. I love how soft and sweet it is. I missed the blog hop so I'm just hoppin' around now to see everyone's beautiful creations. Cheers, Lora Sinkler-Lake

    ReplyDelete
  34. Just beautiful Barb--love this image and she's colored so wonderfully! Thanks for joining in on the challenge with us!

    hugz,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment.

Hugs....Barb