Monday, July 6, 2009

Friendship Tilda...

Magnolia-licious Highlites blog has a wonderful sketch to follow this month. It was designed by DT member Jacque, who is very talented. I thought I would give it a try using this fun paper I found in my stash.

Here is my entry, using Lilac Picking Tilda...



I had received my copic order on Friday, so now I have the right grey's to make black hair.

I took a few liberties with this sketch. My focal image is round instead of rectanglular, and the layer beneath her is a litte larger than the original sketch, (which, unfortunately, covered up most of my pretty dsp) but everything else is done as per sketch. I added doodles around my focal image and polk-a-dots to my Real Red cardstock layers just to add a little interest. The sentiment is from SU Curvy Verses.

Here is a closer view of the coloring of my Tilda...



These challenges are so fun to do and I hope you will give it a try for yourself.

Thanks for stopping by my blog to see my latest creation...

19 comments:

  1. She is just darling, Barb...especially those RED shoes...what a cutie...Thanks for joining in on my sketch this month...Hugs..Jacque

    ReplyDelete
  2. where's her mouth?!!! hahaha...just kidding! super cute again! love your coloring!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb,
    She turned out wonderfully!
    And I love her black hair, super job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an adorable card Barb! Your colouring is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb. she is just adorable. love the black hair on Tilda - it really sets off her red dress. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, she is so beautiful,

    smallcity

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barb,love the cute colors you used on this card. Great challenge card with one of my favaorites Tilda!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  8. Surgery complete? (Mouth removed?) I am blown away by your consistency and coloring techniques. Your artistry is a gift. Thanks for sharing it with us all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this sketch and love the colors you used for it! You color Tilda beautifully! :) Angela

    ps. Our rain FINALLY stopped!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Barb, your lilac picking Tilda is so pretty!!! and the black hair is awesome!!! you have done an amazing job!
    the sketch is great, yes, I need to give a try too!
    Hugs
    Vivi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Barb,
    Oh what a great job you have done with this challenge!!! I definately love the colours you have used and her black hair is wonderful. I can hardly wait to get my Copics so I can try it also!
    Your colouring is fantastic!!!
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Barb your card is so cute! I love it! Love the yellow and red colors. You do such a fantastic job. My Tilda had the extra dot also. I have not used the stamp yet so thanks for revealing that. I performed surgery when I got home from work. All is well.LOL
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Barb!!!
    I looved the black hair matching with her red shoes! Jacque´s sketch is a gift to all of us and you did a wonderful job!!! Absolutely lovely!!!
    Hugs
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is absolutely beautiful!!!!


    smallcity

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is precious, I really like the red & yellow color combo with the delicte purple lilacs.

    Thanks for commenting on my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is just a doll!! How sweet and cute! Love the red shoes!!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Barb, this is just darling! Love the colors you've used and how you colored Tilda. She's such a cutie. Great take on Jacque's sketch. I'd better get moving on mine! Have a wonderful week.
    Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  18. I see little Tilda survived her surgery. You did an amazing job coloring her especially her black hair. I love this card!
    hugs,
    Pam L.

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is gorgeous! you did a wonderful job with the black hair. Black is hard!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment.

Hugs....Barb