Monday, June 1, 2009

Worm Wishes

This card started out being something totally different. I was going to try the Michelle Zindorf technique behind my image, but that wasn't working for me, so on and on I plowed until I finally found a sketch I liked. I saw the sketch on this blog and thought it was great. I had chosen the background paper with sailing ships because this Edwin is in a sailor suit and I wanted to worked around that theme. But, this is a guy card so I couldn't put on flowers like the original sketch did. I couldn't use ribbon, like the original card did. I was really stumped as to what to put in my circle. This card took me a long time to do! I know it doesn't look like it, but it did.




I don't have any of the accessories that you can stamp in Edwin's hands and it took a trip to Michael's to finally come up with the decision to use a toothpick, colored with a Copic marker, for a fishing pole and some SU Linen thread for the line. What I did get from Michael's was a small package of Shepherd Hook earings (the kind that you make your own earings with). Perfect for the hook after I cut the end off. It took a lot of fiddling to get it the way I wanted and then I had to find a sentiment that would fit where I wanted it, but finally I decided to used SU Bugs and Kisses sentiment and inked up "worm wishes" part only.



Finally after trying many different center parts to my circle I decided to cut out the shape with my Nestabilities and then emboss with D'vine Swirl pattern and color with a Copic marker. I thought it looked close to a wave pattern.

So this is my story and I'm stickin' to it.



11 comments:

  1. Barb, he is simply precious and such detail...great job...love those colors and that dimension is wonderful!! Hugs..Jacque

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb,
    your card turned out so beautiful.. you did a great job on it!!
    oh but I have to tell you this: I laugh out loud because of the title: Worm wishes.. so funny.. I love it!!

    Hugs

    Vivi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb, what a wonderful card, and very creative of you. I chuckled over your "worm wishes"--very appropriate.

    Hugs.
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and very creative, Barb! Great fishing pole and I love the sentiment! You did an awesome job in the circle too! Great card!!
    hugs!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is Fabulous!!...Edwin with the fishing rod is brilliant..and the sentiment is perfect!!..Hugs, Ila

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barb, what are clever ideas you have here. Great layout and everything is just adorable!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic--I love everything! Great dp, fabulous colors & such a cute image! Reminds me of my son and his favorite pastime :o)

    hugz,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Barb! Edwin looks so cute holding his fishing pole and what a great idea to color the toothpick! I love everything about this card! Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness this is just such a perfect card in so many ways - must say the kicker for me is the clever use of linen thread I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is SUPER CUTE!!! I love his little fishing rod!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment.

Hugs....Barb