This card started out being something totally different. I was going to try the Michelle Zindorf technique behind my image, but that wasn't working for me, so on and on I plowed until I finally found a sketch I liked. I saw the sketch on this blog and thought it was great. I had chosen the background paper with sailing ships because this Edwin is in a sailor suit and I wanted to worked around that theme. But, this is a guy card so I couldn't put on flowers like the original sketch did. I couldn't use ribbon, like the original card did. I was really stumped as to what to put in my circle. This card took me a long time to do! I know it doesn't look like it, but it did.
I don't have any of the accessories that you can stamp in Edwin's hands and it took a trip to Michael's to finally come up with the decision to use a toothpick, colored with a Copic marker, for a fishing pole and some SU Linen thread for the line. What I did get from Michael's was a small package of Shepherd Hook earings (the kind that you make your own earings with). Perfect for the hook after I cut the end off. It took a lot of fiddling to get it the way I wanted and then I had to find a sentiment that would fit where I wanted it, but finally I decided to used SU Bugs and Kisses sentiment and inked up "worm wishes" part only.
Finally after trying many different center parts to my circle I decided to cut out the shape with my Nestabilities and then emboss with D'vine Swirl pattern and color with a Copic marker. I thought it looked close to a wave pattern.
So this is my story and I'm stickin' to it.