Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Where did I find the time...

Last week, I made it an absolute goal to get some sewing done. Where did I find the time for that I ask myself. I had to work hard at making the time. While the girls were at Mother's Day Out I put absolutely EVERYTHING aside and sat down to make these three hooded bath towels. I had a great incentive. A friend of mine is have a baby soon and there is a shower for her. I wanted to make a towel for her, and even though these are very large for a newborn, it doesn't take long to grow into them. Jordan is still using his and he is nearly three!

And so while I was at it, and since the girls have outgrown their little baby towels, (a long time ago) I took the morning to make these three and then promptly took them to a wonderful shop in town that does embroidery. I used to embroider these myself, when my hoop wasn't broken, but it was always hard to fit the thick terry toweling into the hoop, and that is how it broke.

















I had my friends towel monogramed with the baby's initials and had it applied to the front bottom corner. For the girls, I put their names and birthdates on the back so that we could see who's was who's when they're hanging up on the pegs near the changing table.

I couldn't resist taking pictures of the girls while they slept tonight. Josslyn won't go to sleep unless she has the Boppy encircling her head. Both girls must have the blanket up at their faces. It's so cute!




We had such a busy day running errands in the rain and cold. Then day care called to say that Jordan was complaining about his ear hurting, so I went and picked him up and took him to the doctor. False alarm, though he does have a pretty red throat, but not strep! So some ibuprofen will do the trick.

The girls are always ready for bed around 7:00 P.M. which is great. Since I'm usually up around 5:45 - 6:00 A.M., I'm good and ready for the break. This week there has been no MDO - Spring Break - and so I have them all day every day. I am thankful that they nap for a good two hours in the afternoon. That's when I try to catch up on housework, but sometimes I just lay down and watch the Dog Whisperer, my fav show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment.

Hugs....Barb