Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Lost has been found!

This morning while we were getting the babies ready for Mother's Day Out, my dear man noticed that Brielle's bracelet was gone. You have to understand that while we're getting pretty good at telling the girls apart, at times we still mix them up. Brielle wearing a small bracelet on her right arm has been our one way of making sure, and it makes life so easy for nursery workers too. I went into a tail spin and started combing the house, the laundry, the diaper pail everywhere I could think of. It was an expensive bracelet! We both realized that Brielle was becoming increasingly aware of the bracelet and had taken it off on several different occasions. We knew we had to be aware! So I tied a piece of ribbon around her wrist and took them to Mother's Day Out, came home and tore up my house (except the living room)and prayed. Upon arriving home with the girls again, I put them into the Jumperoo's to play while I got bottles ready for them. I fed one and then went to pick up the other and VOILA! There was the bracelet nestled right beside the support bar of the Jumperoo. Well, I thanked the Lord up and down and did a happy dance for the girls. I popped it back on her arm and put the girls down for a nap. They won't sleep! I've been in and out of the nursery at least a dozen times and what do I find? Brielle is taking off her bracelet again. ARGHHHHHH! So now I've put it on her ankle and let's hope that she doesn't discover it there.



The only problem with that is that while she's still wearing socks and shoes, you'll have to pull the sock down to find out who is who. I'm sure there's a simpler solution to this problem and I would be very grateful to any mom's of identicals out there who might have a working solution for me. Thank you!

P.S. Nail polish doesn't work. I tried that this morning and she immediately wiped it across the pants of her new spring outfit and her left hand!

3 comments:

  1. Is it possible to get childproof catches on the bracelets Barb?

    I never liked dressing my twins exactly the same, so one would get pink/red colours and the other would get blue or another colour...just depended what was available. Of course this system would break down if someone gave them a gift of exactly the same outfit! Even though mine were identical they had clear differences in their head shape and eyes....no-one else seemed to be able to tell though (except my Mum). You might notice by now that one of them is showing a left-handed preference and one is right-handed though.....identicals are quite often mirror images of each other. HTH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I haven't tried this since I have a XY, but MaryAnn told me that her hubby painted caroline's nails while she slept, then washed off what got on her skin in the bath. I think thats right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I haven't tried this since I have a XY, but MaryAnn told me that her hubby painted caroline's nails while she slept, then washed off what got on her skin in the bath. I think thats right?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment.

Hugs....Barb