Monday, September 22, 2014

You Light Up My Life...Dr. Monday M.D.

Hello blogging friends.  I have a very cool project to share with you today. 


 But please let me remind you that your comments mean a lot!  You could win a Surprise Package from Diana just for leaving a comment on any of the DT projects.

PLEASE remember to leave a comment for our "LEAVE A COMMENT" prize. You can leave a comment for any of the DT member posts over the last week or any of the weekly posts here at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog. Our regular posts for Dr. Monday, the Tuesday Challenges or any of the "W"ednesday posts qualify for a weekly random surprise.


 Now for my project:

I saw a tutorial on Sam Donaldson's blog creating these cute little boxes which would hold a dozen tea lights.  I made a couple of them before I realized that the dimensions of her boxes were not going to work for our American tea lights, which are a little larger. 

I had to rework all the dimensions, which for a math flunky like myself was a huge challenge.  I finally got it right!  Here are the results...


I found the DP at Hobby Lobby.  As it's still summer here I'm just not feeling that cool chill to prepare me for some Fall creations.  So  my recreated box hold 12 little tea lights.  

I've used #3123 Pisces Tilda on the front of the box.  I chose the Labels 18 Dies for the aperture in the box and to mount Tilda on the box. The ribbon is from my stack and holds the box closed.  I stamped a SU Sentiment onto a tag that has a silver border.  I've got a ton of these and have forgotten all about them.  I also added a piece of clear cardstock on the inside of the lid to prevent the candles from falling out.



As you can see, the box holds the candles in two layers - six on each.


Here is a closer look so you can see that it really does hold 12 tea lights. And notice that the front edge of the box lid is  also cut in the same shape (or 1/2) as the aperture

Here are the first few that I made. You will notice that  these smaller boxes could only hold 5 tea lights.
This sweet image used here is #3109 Gucci Tilda
Here I just used some pretty design paper.  This style of box work best if the opening in the lid is smaller.

Again I used some pretty design paper and a little sentiment.
Thanks for stopping by today and leaving me a comment.  That comment just might get you that Surprise Package. Good luck...

Many blessing to each of you,
Barb

13 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Your tea light boxes are stunning. Your time and effort in creating the right size for the tea lights really paid off. They make a great gift. I love them all.
    Hugs, Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Utterly adorable Barb, fabulous gift idea and adorable Tildas. Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these. Great idea! :) Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are all pretty, Barb. Great gift idea.
    Hugz,
    Cath

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am glad you told us that Sam's boxes don't fit our Tea Lights! I was going to make some too - but then I am in Canada so maybe they will? Yours are all beautiful Barb!
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely idea Barb, these will make wonderful Christmas gifts, very sweet
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful Tea Light boxes. A lovely idea for a small gift ♥
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs Elin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great project! You have colored Tilda so beautifully.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderfully beautiful gift idea. Your Tildas are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!! You are the project Queen!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty tea lite boxes. Will you post your measurements for the rest of us?! I like the ones with just the papers best!
    Hugs, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. This tutorial comes in handy. Thanks for sharing Barb:)
    Caryl

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! What a great gift! Thanks so much for sharing! Nancee :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment.

Hugs....Barb