Monday, March 10, 2014

Flip Flop Gift Boxes For Dr. Monday M.D.

Goooood Mooooorning Maggie lovers!  It's once again Dr. Monday M.D.  

You all know by now that I'm smitten with making boxes.  Ya think?  Well you're right and I'm back with this adorable little gift box held together with a fabulous stretchy belly band.  I will be posting a tutorial later this week.

The image I used for this Gift Box is #03 Rose Scent Tilda from the Lost and Found 2014 Collection.  She will be available in Diana's store, and you can place a pre-order now.  Diana has a wonderful selection of not only Mini Images, but Full Sized ones, wonderful dies, charms, adhesives and all kinds of fabulous crafty stuff.  If you haven't visited her store before please go over and see for your self.  Great prices, service and in-store credit available each time you shop!

Here is the top of my box. I used The Greeting Farm Snowflake die to put behind her as well as a SB Classic Circle die.
A few flowers from my stash with some punched leaves and there you have it.
Here is a side view of the box, showing how the belly band keeps the box closed

The Belly Band is made of Head Band elastic which I got from Hobby Lobby.  It comes on a spool.

Once you remove the belly band, each side of the box will fall open revealing the actual box inside.  You could put a sentiment or personal note on either side of the box "lid".


Here I added a little bit of Easter Grass in the box and placed a small bottle of perfume.  The possibilities for what you could put in the box are endless...just get creative!


Finally here is the box and belly band together.  I wanted to show you that you could put a gift card in the box, but all I had was my library card.

I used just one 12 x 12 sheet of paper to create this box.  It's a a fun box to create so I hope you have fun with it.
Again, I will be posting a tutorial on how to make this box in a few days so please come back to learn how to make one.

Enjoying the Journey
Many Blessings,
Barb <><





9 comments:

  1. What an adorable box! Love the image. Can't wait for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this style of box Barb! You sure have made some wonderful box creations! The mini is adorable on the belly band! Great idea and terrific job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Barb! Lovely box and that belly band is adorable! Another great job!
    Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful box and a fabulous idea!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous box! Fabulous coloring.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is just such a wonderful project You did a wonderful job with the matching card, too! Your coloring is perfect as always!

    XO,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love your card and your new blog background:)
    Caryl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love this! Such a cute project!!!! Nancee :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous box, Barb. Love the style. Great job on the tutorial. Superb colouring on the adorable Tilda--especially as it's a mini (gulp). I like that snowflake die.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment.

Hugs....Barb