Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Thinking of You

It's Hump Day!  Yes already, the week is spinning by and before it gets totally away from me I have a card to share with you.  Another stitching card - which I adore doing!
I'm going to be posting to my blog pretty regularly in the future as I have been asked by Diana Crick, of Magnolia-licious, to come back on her design team.  I readily accepted.  She is the nicest most generous person to work for.  It is my delight and honor to be back on her team.
I will be posting 3 projects a month using those wonderful whimsical Mini images.  Oh, I've got hundreds of ideas bumping around in my head and I'm very excited to get started.
Anyhoo,that all begins this coming Monday.  For today I have a Gate fold card with a cut out window.  I kind of fashioned it after several that Norma Lee did.
I loved the idea of having an opening that would allow you to see into the card.  I used a spellbinder die for my opening.


Here is a closer view of my Tilda With Floating Hearts and the stitching I did. 


Here is the care opened all the way.  As you can see I took one of the pieces that were cut away and used it to give Tilda something to sit on.


Here is a close-up of my floral arrangement.  I also used a Doo Hickey Die and a Marianne Die for the leaves 


Now a look at my stitching.  I added some very small pearl into the centers of the larger flowers.


Well, that's all folks!  I'm very busy working on upcoming projects that I hope you will enjoy.

Blessings and hugs,
Barb

16 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Barb, I love Tilda poking through the opening and the pretty flowers and stitching too, very sweet, So lovely to have you back on the team
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Barb, nice reading that you will be posting more of your lovely creations. will be fun to come and visit. Love your card very much. the stitching is such a delicate detail, and so perfect with your style of card. Love the pretty flowers and colors! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! what a fabulous design this is Barb, wonderful colouring of this sweet Tilda and your gorgeous stitching. Wonderful to see you posting again. Looking forward to seeing lots more. Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Your card is gorgeous! I love the colors you chose.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous, Barb! The design is wonderful and the stitching is so gorgeous - what a lot of time it must have taken! Love your Tilda! The colors are wonderful as well!

    XO,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely exquisite Barb, love the stitching, takes your card to the next level of excellence. Gorgeous, I love it!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! This card is so cute! I love your stitching!!!! Something I may have to try! Your coloring is gorgeous and I LOVE the design!!! Nancee :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card, love your stitching is beautiful.
    Hugs Renate

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Barb! Hey you have created another beauty. Love those colors and style! The stitching is perfect with this gorgeous Tilda. Looking forward to seeing more of your fabulous creations!
    Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute card Barb. Love the mini Tildas &show quick & easy they color up

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, Barb. I love the embroidery stitching. Tilda is so cute. Beautiful coloring.
    Hugz,
    Cath

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on going back to the team!! I can't wait to see what gorgeousness you'll be coming up with!!! And what a pleasure it will be to see you posting more!!! I've so missed your creations!!!!
    Hugs!!!!
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, can't wait to see more of your beautiful creations! Great job! Love the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, can't wait to see more of your beautiful creations! Great job! Love the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an adorable card. Love the opening and the embroidery. Just a super card.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment.

Hugs....Barb