Saturday, January 4, 2014

Red, Black and white (and grey)

Howdy to all my blogging friends!
 
 We are well into the New Year now and I've been cleaning up my studio and it was long overdue. It all started with going through a box with all kinds of "stuff" thrown into it for the past 18 months...and...one thing led to another and I ended up cleaning out my entire "pantry" of crafting stuff. I rearranged shelves, pitched out a ton of useless stuff I'd been hoarding and found some stuff I didn't remember I had. It took hours, but I'm feeling more organized now. I need to find some organizational boxes and a shelf for all my beading stuff and hopefully that with see me through the rest of the year.
 
Last week, I had a few moments to sit and color. ( I think that's what sparked the whole cleaning binge!) But I digress. I had this sweet Saturated Canary image already printed and punched, so I decided to give it a go. I adore these images, they are so much fun to color, but getting the hair right is a challenge (for me anyway). I didn't want to go too dark with the hair, cause there's no way to back up, and the result is that she appears to have grey hair! Yipes!!
 
Waddaya think?
 
 
Here is a closer look at my grey haired darling.

 
 
I wanted to do something with this fabulous ribbon I've been hanging onto.  Finally I found a place for it to go!

 
 
As you know, I love to do stitching on cards.  Even if its just a small corner as you see here.  There is a small bugle bead in the corner stitched right in with the pattern.

 
 
Finally, here is the artsy view of my card.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by.  I always enjoy hearing from you.
 
Blessings and Grins,
 
Barb

7 comments:

  1. What do I think, you ask? I think you NAILED it! Great job and I love the stitching as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your grey haired darling! Also I'm admiring that frame you have her in. Oh and of course that stitching is the icing on the cake. Great job Barb!
    Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous!!! love the colour combo and beautiful colouring. Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I love her hair, nice work my friend
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, I think that she is gorgeous!!!!! I love the Saturated Canary digis/stamps and wow, you made it fabulous!! The frame and stitching are soo pretty!! Hope you had a Happy New Year!
    Hugs,
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy new year Barb! I love how you colored and showcased this SC image. lovely shades in her hair, and no, to me they are not grey! noticed the cute ladybug under the bow, so pretty detail, your sewing is such a lovely detail. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Barb! I love your expert coloring and every detail of your card.
    Caryl

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment.

Hugs....Barb