Saturday, June 8, 2013

Mo's Children of all ages challenge...

Here we are half way through another weekend. I've had a bit of a rough week! My tablet died (groan) we saw our precious granddaughter graduate from high school (where have the years gone since I saw her brought into the world) and I ruined a dress I was sewing for one of the twins!
 
  Not to worry, I bought more fabric, I completed the two doll dresses that will match the twins dresses (for their upcoming 5th birthday) and my tablet is repaired and shipped already! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade, right?
 
Mo's DP2 Challenge blog has an exciting challenge this week. For the first time ever, the challenge is for children! Children of all ages can enter. All you need to do is use one of Mo's images that is a child and enter the challenge. So if you're a grown up child, like me, go ahead and give it a whirl.
 
I've been having trouble bringing up all the photos for my entry this week. I've tried several times to add a photo link and have some serious kinks. I hope they are straightened out now. It's always worth another try. So here is the card I made this week. It's a side step card and I've used the image "Patty".
 
This is just how I've felt all this past week! This is the final of seven cards I've made to send to the couples we met on our cruise. All have been mailed out and I've learned that this particular one was received already.
 
This is the front of my step card...
 
 
 
Here is a close up of "Patty".  She was a joy to color.  I've used Spellbinders dies around the image and Memory Box die along the bottom.  The Sentiment is from PrintWorks, everything else is from my stash.  
 
 
 
Arghhhhh!  Blogger is still refusing to upload the other two photos of this card.
 
Hope you'll give Mo's challenge this week a try.  We're all just kids at heart...
 
I will be posting pictures of the girls dresses when I get them both done.  Until them I'm just a sewing fiend!!!
 
Blessings and hugs....
 
Barb

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Barb!! This is a stunning card!! Your coloring skills sure didn't get rusty!! Loving the colors you've used!!!
    I like your attitude on the things that have gone wrong! I always try to remember that "this, too, shall pass!"
    I used to make doll clothes to match the outfits I made for my daughter!!! I would sew late at night and then lay them on her bed so she'd have them in the morning! I remember my Mom doing that for the four of us, too! She said it took her several months sometimes to finish them, but to me, it was magic!!!
    Have a great week, can't wait to see the dresses!
    Hugs,
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Barb! I love the grin of that little girl! sometimes I just feel like this!!! wonderful colors, beautiful coloring, exquisite card! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb your card is fantastic! Love the colors and this style card. I bet you made a few faces like your image on this card. Of course as you made lemonade! LOL! I can relate. Looking forward to seeing those dresses esp. on the twins.
    Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe,how funny to use this image to express your mood, Barb! But who doesn't know those days, too?
    Anyway, your card looks fantastic. Love the colours and your colouring!
    Thank you so much for joining our kids challenge at Mo's Digital Pencil!

    Hugs, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Barb,
    Please forgive me for being so late to comment.
    I have been trying to catch up.
    I LOVE this image and your beautiful colouring and design!!
    Gorgeous flowers too!
    Sorry to hear you had such a bad week - this week I am suffering much the same :o(
    Big Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous Barb, what a cute little girl, I remember when my daughter used to pull that face, LOL
    Hugs julie P

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment.

Hugs....Barb