Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Thinking of you...




This card has sold already!! Just three days after I made it! Let me explain how I came up with this sketch. In my hall way hangs a portrait of my hubby and I with the three kids. The larger photo at the top is of the five of us. Underneath is one small photo of each of the kids. I must walk past that photo a kazillion times a day and it just struck me that I could really use that layout on a card. Once again I've used this darling Lying Tilda.

So here is my card...



I had tons of fun working on this card too! I love this image of Tilda. She is #264 LYING TILDA. Isn't she just adorable? I love the way she can be used to come off a card and gives so much interest to the card. Then below her I have used some Mini images. #3021 MINI TILDA WITH PONY TAIL, #3280 MINI TILDA WITH STRIPED TIGHTS AND #3321 MINI DREAMY TILDA. All of these images are available from Diana at Magnolia-licious

Here is a close up of Lying Tilda so you can see how I colored her clothing. I'm learning so much about coloring the pleats and folds. Practice makes perfect they say!



Here is a closer view of my flower arrangement in the corner. I tucked in a Melissa Frances Corner adornment just under the flowers to kind of finish every thing off.



I didn't take individual pictures of the Mini Tilda's because you can enlarge any of my photos and see them up close and personal if you'd like. So here's a picture of the three of them together...




On the inside of the card I used a computer generated sentiment which reads "Just having one of those 'thinking of you' days". Then I stamped off Lying Tilda again and popped her into the corner of the notation panel. A little Sizzix corner die completes the rather simple inside.








Well that's it for today. Thanks for stopping by and taking time out of your busy day to visit me.

Hugs,
Barb


27 comments:

  1. Great job! Love this card and the layout. Such cuties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, this is gorgeous. I love it! I'm praying for you and your husband. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb that card is amazing! You did a wonderful job and I love the inside just as much as the outside. What a wonderful place to get your inspiration. I am sorry about your bad news. I have been wondering how things were going with him lately. I was hoping no news was good news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Barb, what a fantastic card! Love all of the Tildas, and your coloring is fantastic! And what a great layout you've created! Awesome job, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb - your card is gorgeous. Love the story of your inspiration which has gotten me inspirated. I'll keep you and your hubby in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so sweet combine the mini and the regular size Tilda together Barb. This is not only a card, but also a sweep piece of artwork :-)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barb,your card is just Gorgeous! I'm not surprised that it's sold already. Take care ,I will keep your family in my prayers
    hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  8. This leaves me speechless! The inspiration, your interpretation, the colors! Oh, to make pleats and folds as well as you!
    Your quote from Billy Graham expresses my feelings better than I could.
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Barb!! your card is gorgeous...I would love to be able to color half as good as you.
    I have been wondering how your husband is doing
    I am very sorry that you got bad news about his leg.You know that your husband and you and family are always in my prayers
    big old Texas HUGS
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delightful card, Barb! What a great idea to make a layout for your card based on your family picture! This Lying Tilda is so darn cute and beautifully colored, and I love all the minis you've used! Will continue to keep you and your hubby in my thoughts and heart.
    Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Barb, what a beautiful card this is, I don't have this lying down Tilda image, but I'm gonna go find her after seeing this gorgeous creation. I love the layout with the 3 mini's, delightful colour too.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A stunning card Barb. Just love the design with the 3 Tilda's underneath. Makes for a very pretty picture. Please share where you're learning all about the folds... you've done a fabulous job! Wow! All the best with your hubby... hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh this is an adorable card I love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card Barb, your coloring is amazing. So sorry to hear about the bad news for your husband, keeping you all in my thoughts
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Fabulous card Barb!!!! Love the design absolutely gorgeous!!!!! What a fantastic job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is really cute Barb, It does look like kids picture posses, we have that too. You did a beautiful job with the card, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this! Great idea for using minis!! I just started collecting those and I just love them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Barb this is FUN-TASTIC!!!!! LOL! Love seeing so many beautiful Magnolias in one card and your coloring is awesome! Love your pretty colors too!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh Barb this is very very over the top cute!! You have put a ton of work into your images dear..
    sending hugs and prayers your families way.
    Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  20. Barb I am sorry to hear you did not receive good news about your hubby sending hugs and prayers your way...
    Your card is just beyond cute and your coloring amazing as always
    Big hugs
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is wonderfull Barb!!
    Sorry to hear about your bad news.. I'll keep you in my thoughts ...

    Hugs Monique

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a darling piece of artwork Barb..I'm not at all surprised to hear that it sold so quickly!
    I also wanted to let you know how sorry I am about your husband's setback. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. (((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card, ladybug!!! I love the layout!!! It was sheer genius! And of course your coloring is spectacular! Love, love, love it!!!! Hug!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Barb!

    your card is adorable. I love your coloring and pleats and folds. I too have been practicing.
    Super idea of putting the mini Tilda's in the frames and having them all in the same colors.
    I love the indside of the card too.
    Hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is awesome looking. I love how you put an extra tilda on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Of course I love your card but more than that I am praying for your hubby and you. I can't imaging going through what you have and will continue to go through. Cyber arms are around you.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my!!
    Barb what a great card!
    Love the design you came up with as well as the colours.
    Your colouring is absolutely BEAUTIFUL.
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment.

Hugs....Barb