Sunday, October 24, 2010

Think Pink...



I was challenged while talking to a friend last night to join the Just Magnolia Challenge Blog for their "Think Pink" challenge. The challenge is to honor one of their own DT members, Jacque, who has fought a valliant battle against breast cancer! So I accepted the challenge and got busy, coloring my image while my friend and I visited via Skype! That is so cool to be able to see the person in real time while you visit (waving to you Paola!)

I had also visited Norma Lee's blog to follow her tutorial on how to make an Easel card with a swing away panel. Her's are absolutely gorgeous and thanks Norma for posting the tutorial on your blog.

So here's what I came up with...



As you can see I had a bit of a tough time getting my card to stay tightly closed. Believe me, the edges all match up exactly! Here is the card propped open, and it looks just like a regular Easel card...




The next two pictures who you how the bottom panel swivels open to show another panel underneath.






Here is my card recipe:

Image -Tilda in Autumn Leaves #241 available at Magnolia-licious
Cardstock - Regal Rose, Pirouette Pink, Cryogen White
DP - scraps from my stash
Pearls and pearl brad - stash
Sentiment - SU Curvy Verses
Copics:
Skin - E00,000,0000 Cheeks - Chalk
Hair - E25, 34, Y23
Shirt/Pant cuffs - RV00, 0000, 11
Pants/Socks - B93, 95, 97
Leaves - Y17, 23, G82, 94, E19
Shadow - W0, 01, 03

Pink Ribbon - stash
Nestabilities in various sizes
FabriTac and Dimensionals pop dots


Thank you for once more visiting my blog. I love to share my craft with you all!
Hugs,
Barb



15 comments:

  1. Oh Barb I could just jump in those leaves with her! She looks fantastic and I love this layout...going to have to try it one of these days! Great job (as always!)!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Barb--love the swivel aspect, really cute!

    hugz,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay.......that is an amazing card!! Love the creative new look you've given this easel card. And I just LOVE pink!! Well done Barb!
    Hugs,
    Deb T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card Barb. I love the swing out panel, lots of space to write a message. Beautiful coloring!!!
    hugs, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very cute Barb. I love the colour of the leaves. your colouring is wonderful.
    Hugs Marion (Maz)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another winner Barb.. I really love this card and all the different layers or should I say panels of this card.. so beautiful.. Now to study this to understand how you did it.. Love your coloring and love the quotes.. just a gorgeous card.. now to get off this dial up so I can talk to Paola and you on Skype... She keeps trying to get me on it buy I only can get dial up for now.. you know we live in the boonies... Anyway great card.. Love it..
    Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card and I love the Tilda you picked. She is enjoying her life to the fullest which is what we wish for all cancer survivors.
    Love these swivel cards I have been seeing lately.
    Great colouring as always :o)
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Barb. I'm playing catch up here with my comments. Sorry you can't get your card to close tightly--don't know what happen here. Try another? Practice makes perfect...LOL. Your card is gorgeous just the same. Love this cute image--I still haven't played with mine yet. Awesome colouring as always.
    It's so cool that you've been visiting Paola via Skype. My sister's been urging me to try, but with my computer illiteracy I'm sure I'll goof it up somehow.

    Hugs.
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Barb!! Love the image...and the swivel base is perfect! Great job! Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a darling card!! Perfect for the challenge!! I love the circle easle cards, just need to try one!!
    Hugs,
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Barb, the swivel panel is such a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how you've colored her Barb! Great card and terrific work!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment.

Hugs....Barb