Monday, March 15, 2010

Tilda with Tulip - Friday Sketcher's Challenge #93


I decided this past week to take a break from the DT projects I had been working on and play a little. How could I not, when my new order of Maggies had arrived in the mail? I was just itching to ink up one of them. I chose Tilda with a Tulip for my cards and used Friday Sketcher's Challenge for this week.

Wonderfully talented Jacque is the host of this week's sketch and it's just delightful. Thanks Jacque for giving us such a wonderful sketch to follow. Here's the sketch.



I went shopping at Joann's on Saturday and found a wonderful stack of paper, the only one they had, by DCWV. It's called The Luxury Stack and the paper (thick as cardstock) is Pearlized and Metallic. 48 beautiful 8X8 sheets! I chose to use pink and to accent it will yellow and black. I also purchased a new Fiskars punch which also embosses. It's a very pretty effect.

Here's my card...



I used the "out of the Box" technique with my Nestabilites for this image and I used a little Stardust Stickles on the base of the Tulip and hand printed the little tag. The pretty yellow ribbon was a gift from a friend. I love putting butterflies around my flowers, so there are three on the card, all punched from the pretty metallic/pearlized paper and painted with a little Stardust.

Here's a close up of Tilda...



My beloved flowers were all misted with Glimmer Mist (Pearl) and then touched up with some Stardust also. The branch punches are by Martha Stewart, the pearls are from my stash.



The inside of the card is quite simple. All panels inside and out were sewn with my machine. You can't see the embossing across the bottom of the note panel, but believe me it's there. I tried to get a close up but it was blurry.



Here are the Copic I used to color her with...



I'm so glad to finally have a card to post! I've been busy working on some, as you will see in just a few weeks.

Thanks for stopping by for a wee bit of a visit...

27 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and wonderful coloring! Love the delicate touches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, such a sweet image of Tilda. Love the soft colours—those DP’s are gorgeous. Perfectly coloured—how ever did you colour the hair netting without going outside the lines!!! The flower arrangement are to die for. I just adore your card.

    Hugs.
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful, Barb! Your coloring is so soft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work, Barb! This sketch really showcases Tilda : ) Your coloring is magnificent and I adore your lovely flowers and pearls!
    Love and hugs ~ Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Barb!! I love the papers and colors you used, and Tilda is so beautiful! Awesome coloring! It's so funny!! Jacque's sketch must have been in the far reaches of my brain without me even knowing it. I did a card for a challenge I can't post until this Friday, but it's Jacque's sketch almost to a tee! I didn't realize it until I saw your card (I just finished mine last night) Anyway...I love your card! Sorry I started to ramble! LOL!
    hugs!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barb, what a beautiful card. I always love the look of a border of black.A very classy look. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet coloring and beautiful card Barb. Love your flower arrangement on this layout. So gorgeous!
    hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love your card, Barb. Yes, this DP from DCWV is gorgeous and the weight is very nice. You have done an excellent job coloring Tilda so softly in pastels and love the out of the box idea. Beautiful card! Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  9. GOrgeous card Barb!! Love the soft colors and your flowers are just gorgeous!!!
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a treasure this card is. The black really makes it stand out with the soft colours of the pink and lemon. wow! very neat stitching. Such a lovely Tilda.
    hugs Marion

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Barb,
    What a beautiful soft and pretty card! Your colouring is beautiful, as are your flowers and butterflies!
    Love your paper choices too.
    Trying hard to catch up with some emails while I am still away from home tonight. Have just seen your wonderful new craft room!!! WOW! Your husband has done a great job and you have designed it so well. Enjoy it - you deserve it!
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is beautiful!! I so admire your soft delicate colouring!!! I also love your new craft space - what a lucky lady you are!! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  13. ohhh Barb, Tilda is just soo pretty standing there with her flower....and I really love how you used the glimmer mist on your flowers...such a great idea...beautiful card...

    Hugs
    Nancy T.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Barb, wonderful card. Love this Tilda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card if fabulous! Awesome coloring and great choice of papers and colors. Your flowers are the best ~ I am having such a hard time putting flowers on my cards. They always seem to look "stuck on", not artfully attached like yours! I need a flower tutorial!!!
    Hugs,
    Barbara in SC

    ReplyDelete
  16. Barb, wow your card is so beautiful, I love this sweet Tilda, you have coloured her so wonderfully, the soft colours are perfect. The flowers and pearls are stunning. It must of been wonderful to make this in your new room. Hugs Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, I hate to duplicate the sentiments above, but yes, it IS beautiful!!!

    I love the paper, the colours you chose, and your colouring.

    What a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautiful card. I love pink and black together and it really pops with a splash of yellow! Your little Tilda is so perfectly colored. Just another one of your amazing creations!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! Great colors and I love the flowers you added.
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  20. just lovely Barb! The pastels are perfect for her and so refreshingly Spring!
    Beautiful coloring!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Barb, adorable card! The color combo looks really nice! Your coloring is eye candy!!

    Hugs,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful card!♥

    Thanks for joining Friday Sketchers this week!

    Hugs,
    Aud

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautifull card Barb !

    Hugs Monique

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card Barb! Love your coloring of Miss Tilda and your choices for the sketch! Beautiful flower arrangement too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Soft and pretty, the flower arrangement is beautiful! ~Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very lovely. Love the pearls with the flowers. You did a great job coloring Tilda.

    ReplyDelete
  27. There is not much to say except that I just love her!!! Great colors and I love your flowers! Gina L

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment.

Hugs....Barb