Monday, August 31, 2009

Finished in time this week...Friday Sketcher's Challenge "You Rock",

WooHoo! I've managed to get a card made for the Friday Sketcher's Challenge days ahead of the cut off! I'm so proud of myself...

This weeks challenge sketch was designed by Claudia Rosa, an incredibly talented designer and card maker. Here's the sketch...



My card is rather simple, since I used an Edwin and glittered flowers and pearl sprays just wouldn't be appropriate. This Edwin is a brand new image which I recently received and I love the glasses. I have more ideas on how I'd like to use him, but that's for later...

I borrowed the rocking chair stamp from my friend. I just thought this studious Edwin would look great in the chair.



I colored him first and then did the two step trying to find paper that would suit him. I managed to find some blue scrapbook paper that I've had for several years, but could never find a use for.

Here's a closer view of Edwin...



The inside was a little more difficult to complete as I had very little paper left over. I did manage to find some that was a very close match.



Card Recipe:
Paper - unknown dp, SU! Brocade Blue, So Saffron, generic white
Ink - Memento, Adirondack Latte, Copic Markers
Sentiment - Starving Artistamps
Embellishments - Sewing Machine, Buttons, dimensionals and pop dots, 1" Twill and Hemp Twine (SU!), MS Flourish Punch, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches (SU!)

27 comments:

  1. You might think it's simple, but I love it, Barb!!!! I love the colors you used and your coloring is just amazing! I love that Edwin and he looks so handsome sitting in the rocker! Great card! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey me first-lol
    where do you find the time to do such great cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific card, Barb! I love little Edwin & his specs! Very cute! Can't wait to see what else you have planned for him.
    Huggies ~
    Sharron

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barb, this is just tooooo cute! Your coloring is superb! Edwin looks so cute in that rocker! Great job! Cami

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just awesome!! Love your card, so cute!!!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barb, okay I get it. You Rock--rocking chair! You are so funny! I like your "simple" card--looks fabulous to me. Love the blue and brown colour combo--one of my faves. Your colouring is always fantastic. And perfect stitches too!

    Hugs.
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Edwin in the rocking chair...Barb, you rock!

    Love the shape you used with the fancy edge and how you repeated it on the inside. Nestabilities?

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One word describes it ....PERFECTION....and you rock too!
    May I include it in the Gallery?
    hugs,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love everything about this adorable card, what a clever little sentiment & I agree your card does rock. Thanks for sharing
    Hugs Oz_Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Barb, love the image, and he has been coloured beautifully. Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Barb!
    I think you 'rock' too! Great Edwin card. He looks so comfortable in the rocker :o) Your colouring is GREAT!!!!
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Barb,
    Your card ROCKS! What a cute card and your coloring is fabulous as it is always. Love the colors and the details. Cute Cute Cute!!!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Barb. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Barb, Edwin looks so cool "rockin" out. Love your card. Your coloring is terrific. Peace, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  15. great card Barb! I love how you did the image, I thought for sure it was a new nestabilitie, but you used a punch? I may have to look that one up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. awesome coloring Barb! love him!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this Barb!! Edwin is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love how you incorporated the flourish punch....very cool. Love Edwin in the rocker! Brilliant, Barbie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Barbara, When I saw your description on the message board I thought that you made a card with Guitar Edwin. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw this cute little Edwin in the rocking chair. I love the colors that you chose and Edwin and the rocking chair are colored in so perfectly!
    Hugs, Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Barb, he is the cutest Edwin ever. The sentiment is perfect and you rock for the challenge girl!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow Barb, your card is just adorable!
    you did a great job on the sketch!!!
    Hugs
    Vivi

    ReplyDelete
  22. He is fabulous Barb--rockin' for sure, hee hee! Reminds me so much of my son w/ his lil' glasses! Too cute!

    hugz,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi,I always enjoy looking at your
    beatiful cards.
    Linda W.

    ReplyDelete
  24. My goodness, I totally love that Edwin card. . . . so precious!!! You colored Edwin to perfection. Fabulous card!!! Hugs, Christina

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a wonderful Edwind card! I am sorry I have neglected you lately. I have been working my tail off on my calender pages.
    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment.

Hugs....Barb