This week's challenge is to put stitching of some kind on your card. Yeah! Since I spent the entire weekend last week re-arranging my crafting area and throwing out a ton of stuff, I managed to set up an area where I could have my sewing machine set up all the time. So this challenge was just made for me!
While going through all my "stuff" I found a box of stamped images from years ago when I belonged to SCS's Wish RAK. Thank goodness I had filed all the images under their Stamp Company names or I'd have been sunk. I chose this adorable mouse sitting on a cupcake from Whipper Snapper's.
I chose a Bo Bunny dsp called "It's My Party Time" which is double sided. My card is 6X6 so as to accomodate all the embellishements and the size of the image. I cut a square of Real Red cs and then sewed two triagles of the dsp to it. Then I wrapped a piece of orange polk a dot organdy ribbon around the bottom half of the card. I ran a piece of Yoyo Yellow cs through my CB using Swiss Dots embossing folder. The buttons are all tied with Crafter's Floss and, since I only had one red Prima Flower I made made the other flowers using Only Orange and Brilliant Blue, punched them out with my SU 5 Petal Flower punch and then ran them through my crimper. The circle panels behind my focal image were all cut using my Nestabilities. I added white dots to the orange panel with my gel pen. That was attached with pop dots.
Here is the inside of my card:
The upper part of the card uses another triangle which is only stitched on two sides creating a pocket. I made the tag fairly simple since the dsp is so busy. The ribbon is made with my new Bow Easy - what a marvelous tool - stamped with my Happy Birthday sentiment from Inkadinkado, and I added some Real Red cs Corner Punch pieces to the bottom of the tag. The opposite side uses Nestabilities Labels Two dies with Real Red and Whisper White cs for writing your own personal note.
Here is a close up of my mouse:
The entire image was colored with Copic markers. I used my Spica Atyou Gel pens for the sprinkles, but they're not very bright. I also used a Spica pen for the blue on the top of the party hat. I added the smudge of chocolate around the mouses' mouth. It's not on the original image...
Okay, with all the embellishments I knew this wouldn't go through regular mail, and I don't have any envelopes to fit a 6X6 card, so I made one! I used my Enveloper - another very handy tool - to make this Envelope Box, using a piece of yellow cs and a piece of matching dsp to line the inside. This actually has 1/4" deep sides so that the thickness of my card will fit. Here is a picture of the card and envelope together...
Needless to say I worked long and hard on this project. My sewing machine wasn't at all happy to sew paper and kept skipping stitches on me. I wasn't about to throw this dsp away, so I just kept persisting. There are some skipped stitches, but that's life, just don't look too closely...LOL!
I can't wait to see what the other Blogger's involved in this challenge have come up with. If you would like to see their creations, please click on the Blogger button in my sidebar and then click on any name to bring up their blog.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone....