Monday, June 22, 2009

Friday Sketch Challenge - not quite...

After working on this Edwin all day I finally posted him without the button embellishment. I went shopping for some buttons and found these and they are almost an exact match in color. I used Crafter's Floss, which I bought at the same time, to tie the buttons with. Here is a link to the Sketch Blog - lots of beautiful samples to feast your eyes on. Friday Sketcher's Challenge

NEW EDWIN! I WENT SHOPPING FOR SOME BUTTONS AND CRAFTER'S FLOSS AND HERE IS THE NEW UPDATED EDWIN:




While I was in San Antonio over the weekend I visited a couple of neat shops with my daughter. I purchased these tiny eye glasses, which were actually a 3-D charm, and thought they would look so cute on an Edwin. I don't have the image of Edwin with the eye glasses, so I cut off the arms of this pair and glued the rims to his face.

I find it so hard to embellish "guy" cards and had a hard time with this little guy.

I didn't want to color his pants denim, so I was thinking brown corduroy! Lots of blending on this pair. I had first picked out the dsp scrap from my stash and the matching brown circle dsp and the teal color also. That's where I got my "inspiration" for my Edwin. I was trying to find the exact sentiment to go on this card, the alphabet being a hard theme to accessorize, but I have the SU Defining Alhabet and Define You Life sets, so, light bulb moment! I also had the little charm which reads "inspire" so I attached it to the sentiment.

Here is a close up of Edwin in his sporty eye wear!



I used Stickles on his wings, and ran my tracing wheel around the edges of the Alphabet DSP twice. It's almost impossible to see in the photo.

I was inspired and I hope you are too!

25 comments:

  1. Completely adorable! I exclusively usr prismas..and think they create darling images. Yours is no exception!. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you just couldn't stand it you had to go back to your copics. lolol! I love the addition of the little glasses. too cute. Excellent job my friend.
    Hugs,
    Pam
    http://stampsinc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb...he is absolutely PRECIOUS!!! Your coloring is wonderful!!!! and I love this card...cute sentiment too!! Hugs..Jacque

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooooo adorable. I love this little Edwin, he is cute. I also have trouble with male cards and will add a flower here and there at times. I think it looks great as is, great coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb, your eyeglasses is just TOO perfect for Edwin. I love his funky hair too. It's just so neat!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh how adorable is this!!! Love him! For someone that didn't know quite what to do on this "guy card" with no flower,you sure did a super wonderful job, Barb!!! I love the glasses & the charm! the definition works beautifully here!
    You do the most awesome work!!
    hugs,
    Ret

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how stinking cute!!! Love him in his glasses! You did an awesome job with this Edwin card, Barb! Love the sentiment! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Barb!
    What a GREAT card. Edwin is precious with his new specks. Great embellishment.........great colouring too! Love your design paper.
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word, Edwin looks so cute and studious with his specs on! You did a great job and great imagination. They fit him perfectly. I love the blue brown colors and even I have a hard time with masculine crds. Great card! Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness isn't he sweet! I love his glasses!!! I'm glad you had some stamping time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Edwin with the little eye glasses. Where in San Antonio did you find them, they are so cute. I live in San Antonio and would love to get some of them. Thank you for any help.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Barb, You did a great job with Edwin love his glasses. Your coloring is excellant and your design paper is just perfect! This is such a great card! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Barb,
    He's so cute!
    I love the addition of the glasses, you're really doing some great Edwins!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is terrific, Barb!!!!!!
    Super cute paper! Sometimes I just look and look and I can't think of what to put in a certain place on a card too...it usually comes after I take the photo and edit it! LOL! Love the glasses by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Terrifically CUTE, Barb! I hate when I think and think and dig through all my embellies...etc...and just can't find the right thing to add to my card. (And usually flowers are the answer! lol!) An idea usually comes to me after I take a pic and edit it...of course. :)
    Love the glasses btw!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Barb, love your Edwin. Especially love his glasses and your coloring is awesome. Great card!!! Hugs, christina

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card! I can't make boy cards to save my life, but you did an excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  18. too cute! great job coloring edwin

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card!!...your coloring and layout is Fabulous...Those cute glasses look like they were made for Edwin!!...Hugs, Ila

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your card! And you've inspired me to look for my tracing wheel.........what a great idea! Thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great job coloring. A cute card, that. Love those glasses. The card is perfect! Thanks
    Sharon L

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great Edwin! Love the blues and browns!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wowee sweetie your card is super duper cute ! Love the image and how you have colored him. the glasses are cool :-)!
    Hugs Claudiaxxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh boy is he cute! I love the papers you chose for him and your coloring is super!

    Thanks so much for playing along with Friday Sketchers this week - I've really enjoyed being the sponsor. It's fun hopping to all of these wonderful blogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh really lovely and such a great work to get the edwin the glasses. wow such a pretty card.
    thank you for joining in the friday sketchers challenge and using my sketch.
    hugs, bea

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment.

Hugs....Barb