Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Magnolia-licious™ Challenge - Use a Number

Hello,  Magnolia-licious™ Challenge Blog has another challenge for you.  Our theme this time is 

USE A NUMBER

Some where on your card or project, use a number.  Here are a few suggestions: 
Make a card for a child and include the age in a number
Make an anniversary card and include a number
Use a wooden or mache number and decorate it with a Magnolia image

Get the idea?

Great!  Now would you like to win something special from Diana at Magnolia Stamps?  Well all you need to do is leave a comment on the design team blogs and your name will be added to the pot.


And while your at it, why not make something of your own and add it to the challenge blog.  We love to see your creations!

I made a P-R-O-J-E-C-T This is a Treasure Book.
There are quite a few pictures so let's get started...

I purchased this Chip Board divided journal at Hobby Lobby, with my coupon of course!
Then I went on the hunt for the perfect paper to cover every single surface and hit the Jackpot!  This is the front cover and look at those awesome numbers down the left side - so cool for this challenge! All other papers where selected to coordinate.

I used #3050 Tilda with a Rose Basket (she is new for me) and colored her with copics.  The key hole shape is Spellbinders Labels Twenty One.  The sentiment is from PrintWorks purchased at Hobby Lobby.  The sweet little tag is from a SU set Tiny Tags.  The little butterfly is from my stash as are the pearls.

Open the front cover and you'll find (on the left) a label which says "This Treasure Book belongs to..."
I plan to give this so a little girl whom I know will fill it with all kinds of treasures.

On the Right I made a pocket and added Speak no Evil Tilda.  Inside the pocket I added some little note cards with pretty envelopes.  I found these at the bottom of my stash box and don't even remember when I purchased them or from whom.  I think they might be SU.  Anyway, I gently inked the edges of the cards and envelopes and tucked them into the pocket.

The sentiment on the tab is from a new line of stamps Diana is carrying in her store.  The sentiments I've used throughout are  from the Crafter's Companion Bebunni set. Adorable!!

This is the second and third "page".  On the left I attached a clear A2 envelope and inserted a piece of Vellum on which is printed "Special Treasure.  I popped a paper flower and a feather into the pocket just for an idea.

On the right is Hear No Evil Tilda.  I decorated this pocket a little differently and again, added those little note cards and envelopes which I gently inked with some distress ink.  The tab reads, "you brighten up my day"


Turn the page and again you'll find a clear envelope on the left.  I printed the word, "secrets" on the Vellum and stamped a few little butterflies.  Then to the outside of the envelope I adhered a beautiful punched butterfly.

On the right is "See no Evil" Tilda.  Again the pocket is finished differently and more little note cards and envelopes are added.  The Sentiment on the tab reads "Sent with LOVE"

Flip the page one more time and the clear envelope is labelled Prayers and Wishes and I've included a couple of scripture verses.  On the right hand side is an image I've had for umpteen years but have no idea who sent it to me.  The gal who sent it though had the foresight to put a sticky note on the back as to what paper and ink she used.  So I decided it was time for this image to have center stage.  It colored up beautifully with my copics.  Under the image I stamped "You're blooming wonderful" and I feel that way about that gal that sent me the images.  I don't remember her name, but I love that she took the time to send me this image. On the tab it reads "Tade delight in the little things".

One more flip and we're nearly done.

On this page I used a Mini #3092 Tripping Flower Tilda and made a little note card with it.  On the right I used He Loves me Not Tilda.   She comes with a sentiment which I didn't use here.  The sentiment is another Hobby Lobby PrintWorks stamp.

Almost done....

Here is the back cover.  I used a sentiment, again from Hobby Lobby, by Stampabilities!

Alrighty, faithful readers, that's my project for Magnolia-licious™ Challenge this week called "use a number.

Thanks for stopping by and sticking with me to the end of this rather long post.

Many blessings,
Barb



1 comment:

  1. I know you're cruising my dear, but had to stop by and say how wonderful your journal is. Love it to bits. Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment.

Hugs....Barb