Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Little Yellow Birthday Book

Good morning to everyone! It's time for Team A to take up the challenge at Magnolia-licious
 Challenge Blog. This time around we want to see "Sunny Yellows". How fun to work with some fabulous spring time colors after such a long and dreary winter. It's been quite a journey, hasn't it?

 So let's see what you can do with some sunshine and a Maggie. Speaking of Maggie's, have you seen the latest collection? "Animal of the Year" is the collection and the images are outstanding.

 Have you also seen the gorgeous flowers Diana is now carrying in her shop - yum! So head on over and place your order quickly. I'm telling you...these sweeties are going to sell out fast!  And while you're over there check out the sweet Prima Chalk Edgers.  At only $2 each and so many colors to chose from it a steal of a deal.

 Well, on with the show, as they say. Here is what I came up with. I created a little booklet of sorts. I didn't have a complete plan to begin with, just a sort of idea. Believe me I had to do a lot of back tracking to get this to work out, but I'm quite pleased with the outcome. 

 Firstly...
This is the front of my little booklet.  I created a little bouquet with flowers from my stash  and the adorable Memory Box Mini  Shopping Bag Die to hold my flowers.  The gingham ribbon, DP and CS  and Mini Brads are all from SU. The polka-dot button and Baker's Twine are also from my stash.

A side view of the front shows just how sweet that little Shopping Bag is!

Another view of the front showing the way I affixed the closure.  The hardware is also SU.


Page One.  The Sentiment is from  PrintWorks Collection.  The Muffin is a retired
Mini image.
Page Two.  This  fabulous image, #3073 Edwin and Tilda Dancing
make such a cute couple.  The sentiment is computer generated.



Page Three.  Again the sentiment is computer generated but Tilda is also a retired image.  

Page Four, the final page.  Sorry to say this Celebration Tilda is also retired.  They come and go so quickly!  The sentiment is, once again, computer generated.

This was a very fun project to create.  You could make the theme for new baby or anniversary and use whatever images would fit.

Here is a final look at the booklet.  I hope you've enjoyed visiting my blog today.  You are always welcome and your comments are very much appreciated!

So long for now...

Enjoying the journey,
Many Blessings,
Barb

6 comments:

  1. Barb your book is totally awesome! Fabulous coloring and each page is special. Love the color theme too!
    Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb, Just catching up with everyone after my holiday break. I love love love your super cute book. Stunning work my dear. Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is that! Beautiful work Barb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love, love, love, love, love this! This is my favorite color combination, too. My address is…. LOL
    What a perfect project! Each page is super cute! You really put your heart into this and it shows. Did I mention I love it?

    XO,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and Beautifully done...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment.

Hugs....Barb