Friday, April 11, 2014

Hello friends, I have a project to post today that was so much fun to make.  I've been looking on YouTube for a box that would hold two Cadbury's Easter Creme Eggs.  Well, Sam Donald of PootlesPapercraft UK, fame came up with one.  This little box could also be used for anything you wanted to put into it.  Just use your imagination.  Great way to use up left over paper.  

Here are the four I made in the space of about 30 minutes.  Biggest decision was what little tag sentiment to add to the top.

Here are the four boxes I made.  Obviously this is a top view.  I made all of these boxes in just 30 quick minutes.

Here is a close up of the closure used for these bags.  I only had two punches that would be suitable.  This is the small heart punch I purchased at Michael's $1 bin.  The ribbon, card stock, brad and sentiment are all SU.  The ink for the stamp is Distress Ink dried marigold.

Here I used a little flower corner punch from Punch Bunch.  The ribbon is generic, the card stock and sentiment as well as the ink are SU.


Here is a side view of the boxes.  You want to keep all the flaps rounded and therefore there is no scoring along them.
Here is how the Creme Eggs fit inside.  I guess you could add some Easter Basket grass to cradle them if you wanted.

Well thanks for finding my post and leaving a comment.  This is a little stray from my usual Magnolia projects.

Enjoying the journey,
Many blessing,
Barb

3 comments:

  1. Aren't these just Adorable! Great Colours and love the choice of your Designer Paper! Hope you have a Lovely Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these too! You do such great work!!! Thanks for sharing....too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea and perfect for those yummy eggs, Nice work my friend, thanks for the inspiration
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment.

Hugs....Barb