Friday, June 1, 2012

At ABC is Quilt time!

Heidi Ho everyone! It's the first of June and time for another ABC Challenge.

We're marching on toward the end of the alphabet so this time it "Q is for Quilt". Our sponsor this time is the delightful Bugaboo Digi Stamps. What an array of cuteness they have on their online store.

For my card I choose these adorable ladybugs called Ladybug Stack. Aren't they just cute as can be? Because we need to make a card that is quilt related, and because if have stacks and stacks of fabric from my quilting days I choose to actually make a 9 patch square and sew in onto my card base. Sew easy!!!

Here is my care front (and it's only a front because I am pressed for time lately)
I will go back and complete this card when life slows down.

Since I don't have an inside to show you I have just three photos of my card. Here is a closeup of my image. A card recipe will follow at the end of this post.

And here is the artsy view...




Card Recipe:

Fabric - stash
CS - Bazzill, Xpress it Blending Card, SU More Mustard
Copics used:
R22, 24, 26; C00,1, 3, 5, 7; Y23, 36; YG91, 93, 95, 97; E29, 33
Smooch - leaves
Ribbon - stash
Ladybug charm - stash
Spellbinders - Ovals and Scalloped ovals, Petite Circle and Petite Circle Scalloped
Sentiment - Cuddly Buddly

I sure hope you pick up the challenge and make a Q is for Quilt card or project and let us see what you've done.

Blessings and hugs,
Barb

9 comments:

  1. So darn cute Barb, I love the bugs! Your quilt is so pretty black and red are great together. I am a terrible sewer so I would have used card stock and not the pretty fabric. I envy your sewing that you have shown us in the past, you are one talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card, Barb! Love the quilted background and the fun image! Fantastic coloring and design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo-hoo, what a GORGEOUS quilt card. The bold colors are so beautiful and the cute image just pops. Hope you have a crafty weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute, Barb, quilt reminds me of my grandmother! and I love ladybugs, I have a little collection of them! very beautiful card! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, this is so cute. I love everything about this card. The image is adorable--I just luvvvv ladybugs. Fabulous colouring and love those clouds. Oh look at your ladybug charm!! Brilliant to use real fabric. This almost makes me want to go back to quilting. Not quite...LOL. Superbly done, Barb!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so adorable Barb.. love the little ladybugs and the quilting is so lovely.. matches so well. Love your sewing and faux sewing.. great job and a fabulous card..
    Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  7. Phenomenal Barb! Wow this is gorgeous! The colors are amazing and your quilt block is the icing on the cake! And the ladybugs are simply GREAT.
    LOVE IT ALL!!!!
    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful color combination. Your coloring is fantastic! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was sure that I'd commented on this one must be getting old, Just lovely Barb, I love the Lady bug stack and your pretty quilted background, Delightful card
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment.

Hugs....Barb