Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Here Comes Summer - Magnolia-licious Challenge for May

Welcome again to my blog.

It's the first of May (already!) and at Magnolia-licious Highlites that means a new challenge for the month.

This month we're getting ready for summer, and in my part of the country it's pretty much arrived, though not with the intensity of last year's drought!

We're celebrating the coming of summer with a color challenge. Yellow, orange and blue! The design team has come up with such a variety of ideas for your viewing pleasure, please drop by Magnolia-licious Highlites challenge blog and see what every one has done...

I decided that Edwin needed a little ink! Poor guy, seems like Tilda gets all the attention, but hey, he's a handsome and very cool dude so I found some cool dude dp's at my LSS and got busy making this card. I have used #103 Cool Edwin and paired him with #489 Jungle Sign. I also used #609 Shooting Stars. Whooop-dee-do! Edwin and the Stars border are available. Edwin is available in both the regular size and the Mini at Magnolia-licious Stamps. I'm sorry to say the the Jungle Sign isn't showing up in the store at the moment, so you might want to inquire of Diana when that might be available again. You've got to go over and see her awesome collection of stamps and also check out all the wonderful sales that she has running.

Here is the front of my card...



A closer look at "the dude"...



A view from the side...



How I finished off the inside...



And finally my artsy look....as you can see, Edwin looks cool from any angle...






For those who are interested here is my card recipe....

Designer Paper - Echo Park "A boys Life"
CS - Bazzill Textured and SU Pacific Blue
Copics -
Skin - Eoooo, ooo, oo, 11, 13 and chalk for cheeks
Hair - C3, 5, 7, 9
Pants - B 21, 83, 95, 97
Shoes - YR16, 14, 12 and Spica Pen Sky Blue
Shirt - G43, 82, 94
Grass - G94, 43, YG94
Sign - E27, 30, 34, 35

Thanks for stopping by to see my Magnolia Creation

Blessings and hugs,
Barb

23 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! What a fabulous color combo, love the star border matches perfectly withe the scene you created.
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Barb, this is perfect!!! Love everything about it! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great boy card. The stars in the corner are a great addition...and your scene is beautiful! Wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic!!!! I do need to use Edwin more, too, although, come to think of it, I only have one of him alone!! Oh my! Maybe I will need to remedy that!! Love the stars!! And your grass is awesome!! I need to practice that!!
    Have a wonderful day!!!
    Hugs,
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really beautiful Barb. Love your colouring and the pairing of the stamps. Your grass is superb. Love the paper too. hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling card!!! I believe Edwin is my fav no matter what he does!!! Super cute and I love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh he is so handsome, beautifully colored Barb. I especially like the embossed stars, first time I have seen them stamped and then embossed, look fabulous! Love how you have repeated the star theme inside. Great card!!!!
    hugs, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Edwin looks ready for summer!!! Great coloring and lovely scene you created. Fabulous job inside and out!...
    Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card. I love this image and your coloring and styling are wonderful with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your card! The sign is priceless and Edwin sure does look handsome standing there all cool and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent!!!
    Love Edwin and other stamps together.
    Wonderful paper and design!
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  12. GORGEOUS.....amazing coloring of this cool Edwin! Beautiful color combination and that star corner is stunning! An extraordinary creation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. He's a delight, I love your combination of stamps and papers, nicely done my friend
    Hugs julie P

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't like it Barb...I LOOOOOVE it (you knew that was coming, didn't you?!?)!!! That sign is awesome...Edwin looks so cool (ha ha) and your colors are fantastic! Those embossed stars? Perfect touch!!!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Barb. I just love this Edwin, he reminds me of my sons... you colored him beautifully, I love those stars at the corner, and those papers are cool , perfect for Edwin. Gorgeous. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG! This is like one of my most favorite cards EVER!!!! The colors, the design, those fabulous papers, and look at your amazing coloring!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this card Barb! Now it's been a while since I've visited, so I'm off to see what else I've missed!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  17. Edwin looks daper! Love the stars. Very nice color combo.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Barb, you did a beautiful masking Edwin by the wooden sign. Very cute scene and this card is awesome :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous as always. Barb, your coloring is amazing and I always love your style. Great design.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super card. Love all the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautifully done Barb and do I ever love those stars!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow barb this is just super adorable!!!! Love the little stars !!!! Delightful card inside and out!!!!! Wow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely the boyish touch with the blue outlines!
    Caryl

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment.

Hugs....Barb