Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Magnolia-licious Shabby Chic Challenge...


Didn't January fly by quickly? It's hard to believe that we're into February already. And you know what that means? It's challenge time again at Magnolia-licious Highlites. This month Designer Patti Jo has offered us a gorgeous challenge - "Shabby Chic" - and if you have the Magnolia Vintage Keys die, throw that onto your card somewhere! Diana has great discount values on her dies at the present, so you want to head on over to her shop and get this die and any others you've been "die-ing" to have today! Sorry, just had to throw that in...

I have to admit that Shabby Chic is a style that I find difficult. It seems that I work better with a less cluttered style! So this was a HUGE challenge for me. I browsed tons of blogs to get some inspiration and finally found what I was looking for on this blog. Marianne's style is very shabby chic and I found lots of inspiration there. The style of my card is a CASE from her, but I changed the colors, images, sentiments and design elements.

So let's get going and have a look at what I made...



I hand crocheted around all the edges of my card and front panel. Below is a look at the card with the image panel out! I have used Spellbinders Large Circle die and Fancy Labels, and Large Scalloped dies to create my card and crocheted around the large circle which has a card stock backing. Then I cut another circle in half, crocheted around it and adhered it to the front, creating a pocket for the image panel. My sentiments are from AmyR Elegant Greetings. The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the gingham bows are from SU (retired ribbon).

This sweet image is #3010 Daisy Tilda and she is currently out of stock! This collection has been wildly popular and images have flown off the shelves. I'm sure Diana will be restocking though so keep checking back with her.



Here is a close up of the coloring, the little bow with an antique type button tied with linen thread. The shading behind Tilda is done with Distress inks Weathered Wood and Tattered Rose.


Thanks for stopping by for a visit. It is always such fun to hear from everyone! I hope you'll take up the Shabby Chic Challenge and show us your "stuff". Can't wait to see what you create!

Blessings and hugs

Barb

31 comments:

  1. wow, absolutely gorgeous Barb! your coloring is amazing! love your card!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautifull Barb. I love all the special details like your borders!

    Hugs Monique

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! this is stunning, what a beautiful finish the crochet adds and your coloring is fabulous. Everything on your project blends so well together, I totally love it.
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barb!!!! It´s so sweet!! You have always made the most beautiful cards!!! Love all of them and this one isn´t different!! Amazing job!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Barb, she's beautiful. The crocheted border is the perfect finishing touch to this delicate, lacy card.
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful Barb!!! Wow, I love all the new ideas you come up with!!

      Hugs,

      Jackie

      Delete
  6. It's just gorgeous!
    Your coloring is wonderfull!!

    *hugs*
    Angélique

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, girl. This is gorgeous!!! I just love the crocheting you did, very creative and very beautiful!! Great card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barb you are great at shabby, Vintage. I love the crochet and the design of your card. Blue is so beautiful. I can hardly wait to create.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! And your coloring is amazing!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous card Barb.. love your crocheted edges and your colors are just gorgeous. Tilda though hidden, is so cute and love her (so glad I got her). Love your card with the holder and your layout. A precious idea.
    Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is so unique Barb, I love the design, colour combo and sweet Tilda is so beautifully coloured. A stunning creation.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG this is stunning Barb!! This is amazing beautiful. Everything and every little detail is more than beautiful.
    xxxSylvia

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely beautiful Barb! I love the shape and your sweet Tilda, I can't imagine why I don't have her, Delightful creation!
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fabulous. Can't believe you crocheted around the edges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb, This is absolutely GORGEOUS!! I love the little peek-a-boo Tilda effect.
      You are just so talented!
      ~ rubber hugz ~
      M

      Delete
  15. Wow! Barb. The thing that really stands out when I look at your card is your coloring. It is beautiful. The dress looks like satin.
    I would love to be able to crochet. This card definitely has the wow factor. I love the design of it as well. Fabulous job Barb.
    Hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Barb, this is soooo exiciting, we post the same tilda the same day! LOL. I just love her colored in blue, awesome. I think I will color her again, I just love her so. It is sooo cute to see her eyes sticking out of the envelope, I love it. Love all the lace and this lovely paper.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Barb your card is gorgeous! You did a wonderful job coloring Tilda.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW Barb! This is so pretty! I love your soft colors and magnificent layout!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hmmm...not sure if my first comment "took" or not! So I'll try again! Beautiful job Barb...love the soft colors and your layout is gorgeous!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Barb you should keep going with this shabby chic style. You have got it my friend!!! This is stunning and I love the crochet border which I have yet to attempt but love it!!!! Wow Barb love love this creation!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a fabulous, fabulous card. Gorgeous layout, paper, embellishments, and you colored Tilda just beautifully. Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  22. Barb...your card is so AWEsome...you did a fantastic job with the shabby chic style. I love the crochet edges too. You can send this to me when you get tired of it.
    Hugs....Pam:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW...this is incredible, Barb! Your coloring of Tilda is superb! Such a phenomenal creation!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Tilda is so sweet, Barb. I love the baby blue colors and darling pullout tag card.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful Barb! So charming and wonderfully colored! love your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's gorgeous, Barb. Seriously, you hand-crocheting just blew me away--it's absolutely fabulous. Love the pocket concept. Love the way you've coloured Tilda. Work of art!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  27. Now this is just totally amazing!!! Gosh when do you sleep??? You are simply outrageously talented!!!! WOWZERS!!! What a unique card and you have no problem with Shabby Chic. Love that crocheting. This oozes love and beauty!
    Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment.

Hugs....Barb