Sunday, June 27, 2010

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge: Stars and Stripes




We have another challenge for you this week at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge! It's called "Stars and Stripes", but that doesn't mean it has to be red/white/blue! It can be any color you chose as long as there are stars and stripes in it.
Our sponsor this wee is Susannas Custom Art and Designs and she had made
available a sheeet of the new Victoria Chase Images to the lunck winner.

However, I chose to use red/white/blue for my card and Magnolia's #104, Baseball cap Edwin and #402 Rufus (the dog) along with #501 Shabby Chic Fence (which was a gift from a friend). All my images are available from Magnolia-licious.

Here is my card...



My card recipe...

Copics used:
Skin - E00, E000, E0000 Cheeks - Chalk
Hair - E 34, E30, E25
Shirt - W1, W00, R59, R22, R29
Belt - E27, E31, E25
Hat - R59, R22, R29, W1, W0
Pants - B14, B16, B24
Rufus - E25, E30, E31
Sign, E34, E43, W1
Leaves/Grass - G24, G40
Flowers - R22, R29, R00

Dp - stash (Creative Imaginations)
Stars - SU Punches
Star centers - stash
Corners Spellbinders dies borrowed from a friend
Star shape for notation -traced from a Chipboard star (SU)
Sewing Machine and thread
Dimensionals and Scor-tape

Here's a closer view of my images...



Here's a view of the dimension I used on my card...



I finished the inside of my card to accent the front...here's the inside...



I chose to use the Jungle Sign #489 to add my sentiment, which reads Happy 4th of July. I even cut out around the grass on this sign! (huff, huff)



18 comments:

  1. This is a perfect 4th of July card, love Edwin with the pup and your papers, stitching and details are gorgeous. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb!!!! Que cartão mais lindo!!!!!:)))) Amei!!! como sempre seu colorido é fantástico !!! O cartão ficou absolutamente lindo!!!!
    Have a wonderful sunday!!
    Hugs
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a beauty of a card. I love the colors and coloring.
    Hugs,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a beauty of a card. I like the colors and coloring. It is stunning !!
    Hygs,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Barb.........this is so bright and BRILLANT!!! LOVE IT!!!
    hugs sweetie...hope your are feeling better.Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barb - That is absolutely gorgeous. I love the star paper behind Edwin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love this card Barb! Awesome coloring on all your images. GREAT job cutting out the grass!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Barb...another masterpiece!! This is a seriously adorable card. Your choice of DPs and design are perfect...and your coloring is stunning - as always!! Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGoodness!!!!Barb what a great card inside and out.Love your coloring and the scene that you made with your images.Thanks for sharing.
    Linda W.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 4th of July!!! Perfect for the holiday and Rufus and Edwin are soooo cute! Fantastic card Barb!!! Love your stuff!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 4th back at cha - have a wonderful trip to NY - and once gain I love this card! You are the best!!!
    Love,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Perfect for the 4th of July! What a great job you did with coloring and those stars!
    Kathy Gerace

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well how cute is that. Just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is gorgeous. I loved it! The colors are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. cute as can be Barb! love it!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this card. I am new to scrap/copic markers. I love the sign on this..How do you get this? What company makes it. I couldn't find it on your description. thank you for the information. I can see using this for a lot designs Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is adorable~~~all these great Magnolia images in one card!!!
    Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  18. Barb, Fabulous card, the images are adorable and coloured beautifully. The gingham and stars are wonderful. Happy 4th of July. hugs Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment.

Hugs....Barb