Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Stair Step Wedding Couple...



My summer is getting very full all of a sudden. Firstly, in just less than a week we will be flying to NY to spend a week with our darlings, the children we cared for for 15 months while their parents served in Afghanistan. I can't tell you how excited I am about this trip...

That brings me to probably the biggest challenge I'm facing this summer. As I type, I have my right foot in a large boot to immobilize it. After having taken all the required steps over the past several months it was finally decided that my foot was going to require surgery to fix the problem. So, I can't drive myself anywhere right now and after the surgery, just one week after we return from NY, I'll be on crutches for 4 weeks. Grrrrrrrr! This is really going to put a hitch in my git-along, but on the bright side, just think of all the crafting I'll be able to get done! WooHoo!

I just recently received the new Wedding Collection images and lucious paper from Magnolia-licious! I was just so itchy to ink these darlings up. I knew that I wanted to use the Rose Arch and the two Sitting Wedding images, but couldn't decide how best to display them on a card. So I decided to make a Stair Step card and here it is...



I used #663 Wedding Rose Arch, #375 Sitting Wedding Tilda and #163 Sitting Wedding Edwin. You can preorder each of these items here.

Here is a closer view of Tilda...



Here is the most handsome Edwin...



I computer generated the sentiment so suit my sweet couple...



Here's my card recipe...

CS - SU Whisper White and Brushed Gold
DP - Magnolia Wedding Collection

Copics

Skin, E00, E000, E0000
Hair - Tilda - Y26, Y23
Edwin - E13, E17, E18, E19
Dress - B60, B11
Suit - C0, C1, C3
Shirt - B60, B11
Flowers, R08, R01, R02, Spica Gel Pen - Lemon
Leaves - YG63, YG93
Arch - E25, E35, E30

Spellbinder Fancy Label Die
Marth Stewart Punches - Lace Edge, leaf and branch
Flowers - Wild Orchid Crafts
Self adhesive pearls - stash
Stickles - Start Dust
Liquid Pearls - Lavender Lace
Spica Gel pen - Lavender

I so appreciate your stopping by to view my newest creation.

27 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is soo fabulous.Great display of these gorgeous stamps.

    Beccy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so pretty! Terrific idea to do a stairstep card! Love your coloring and checked out all the wonderful details! Fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just looking at that card from my computer makes me happy. I think it would look ten times better in real life. Wonderfull and amazing, all in once!
    ** Evi **

    ReplyDelete
  4. you really have a nack of putting things together beautifully, another fab creation Barb
    smiles
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Barb this is fantastic!!! Your coloring is awesome! I love your idea on the step card!!!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card and your coloring is beautiful!!!I hope your surgery goes well and you recover quickly!!!
    hugs,
    Shell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barb awesome job on your card! So cute as a step card. Beautiful coloring! Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barb, your card is beautiful. Love the layout, the colors and the stamps are so adorable...Beautifully done!
    Hugs~
    Corinne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Barb!! This is simply sensational. you have displayed these gorgeous stamps to their finest! Your colouring is amazing as always. Love how you have created this step card.
    Also wishing you all the best for your visit with those precious babies and for your surgery afterwards. Yes! Crafting time galore.
    Hugs leonie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful card. Just love it. You are making me want these two stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!!!! Your couple is stunning!!! I love the way you did the card!! I don´t need to talk anymore about your coloring, do I?? It´s marvellous!!!! The sentiment is absolutely perfect!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend my friend!
    Hugs
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Barb...I'm getting excited for you! You will have such fun with your little angels in NY! Sorry to hear about your foot problems. Do take care of yourself! Your new card is another WINNER!! As always, your coloring is flawless...and your design and DPs and flowers make this one stunning work of art! I love it! Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  13. My oh my Barb, this is such a romantic card. So very sweet scene with both images colored beautifully!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty - did I tell you that I think this card is soooo very pretty?
    Love you, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Barb, isn't this just perfect!!! Beautiful set-up. Love those images--must get some soon. Love the colours you've chosen and the way you way colour. Your satin backdrop for the card is just perfect for a wedding card.

    Hope you have a lovely time in NY with your little darlings--I'm sure you will. Wishing you a speedy recovery after your operation. Take care.

    Big hugs.
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Barb,
    Gee - I'm sorry to hear about your foot. What a shame - at least the operation is 'after' you return from your trip. AND just think of all the cards you will be able to make!! :o)
    This is the loviest card I have seen in a long time. What a beautiful job you have done. The papers are marvelous and your colouring - excellent. Your rose arch is amazing. Also love your sentiment.
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just beautiful! Wonderful job on everything!
    Kathy Gerace

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, what a great card! Love the whole thing; your colouring is fab, the card layout is wonderful!

    I am so sorry to hear you'll have to have surgery! But yes, do take your time with your foot up... under the craft table, that is ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning card, Barb! This is so involved! you have done a fabulous coloring job, as always1 Great layout with the images and the trellis.
    Hugs to you,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous coloring and card design Barb! Just the sweetest couple ever and love that background arch! oh yikes on your foot! Sure glad you get to see the children soon!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card - you've coloured those images beautifully!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Barb awesome job as always ! I love the colors you have used and your coloring is beautiful. Have a great trip visiting those babies :)
    Prayers for quick healing of your foot.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMGoodness your card is beautiful...I always enjoy your cards.I am so glad that you are going to see the children.Sorry that you aree going to have surgery
    but you will get better....and like you said a hole lot of crafting time...lol
    Big Hugs Linda W.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Barb, your card is beautiful and with this combo of adorable images a stair step card is perfect. Your colouring is wonderful along with all your gorgeous details. I am looking forward to reading about your trip to NY to visit the children and I wish you all the best for your surgery. Will be thinking of you. hugs Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment.

Hugs....Barb