Monday, April 19, 2010

Whipper Snapper for April...

This is my final month as a Featured Designer with Whipper Snapper. This month they are releasing two more wonderful sets illustrated by the fabulously talented Anna Wight. I am so grateful that Anna Wight asked me come on board to help feature her new releases. It's been a challenge, as it's not really my style, but it was fun to work with her sweet little images and challenge myself to make something other than a Magnolia card.

I'm posting all four of the cards I made, as I will be posting other challenges this week.

The first project I did was a tag. I used the little Beaver and tree stump from Woodland Critters and the sentiment is from Celebrate Nature set. I used distress inks around the edges of the tag to give it a more weathered old paper look. The ovals are all Nestibility dies layerd on pop dots. The beaver and tree stump are both from the Woodland Critters set and colored with Copics. My setiment is from the Celebrate Nature set, the button is SU as is the gingham ribbon.





My next project uses the sweet little fairy and the sentiment are both from the Celebrate Nature set. I used my Nestabilities Labels 13 dies and tied the cute bow with my bow easy. I was going for the CAS look on this card, so the dp is mounted on a little bit of red and I punched the edges of the dp with my Martha Stewart lace edge border punch.



My third project was so much fun. I found the funky paper in my stash and thought it was perfect for this cute snail from Woodland Critters because it repeats the circle of his shell. He is colored with Copics and I glued on some Booglie eyes where his eyes are. I added the dragonfly from the Celebrate Nature set. The ribbon is from my stash and I thought it was a perfect match. I made the bow with my bow easy and attached a little bee charm to the bow. The sentiment is from Celebrate Nature.



My final project is a birthday card. I masked and stamped the critters from Woodland Critters in a row and added the birthday gift to the Owl's wing. I colored them all with my Copics and used Nestabilites for the rectangle and scalloped rectangle. I punched holes in each of the scallops. The sentiment is computer generated and punched out with my Fancy Labels die.




Thanks for stopping by my blog and viewing my work.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love all of your projects! The tag is ADORABLE, and the "line up" of critters is a riot!! Great job, on all of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are AWESOME, Barb! Especially the last one with all the characters! GREAT masking!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment.

Hugs....Barb