Saturday, October 24, 2009

Let There Be Peace...

Here is one more Christmas card I have finished. To think, this time last year I had made 50 cards and this year fewer than 10 are done. I'm not sweating about it, I will send out generic Christmas cards to many but only a few will receive a hand made card.

I have a friend who loves cats. She would have a house full if it were possible, and so I made this card for her. The image is from Mo's Digital Pencil, and once we figured out that it was our new spyware that was preventing me from uploading the image, and we got things straightened out, I was off to the races. While now a days, the race is pretty slow, but I had fun with this image.

I used CAS (Clean and Simple) for this card. Nothing fancy except the bows and very few layers. It probably covers a challenge somewhere, but I don't have time to search it out. Here is the front of my card...



The Sentiment is from Flourishes.

I kept the inside simple too, using a smaller version of the same image but colored it with my Prisma Color Pencils instead of Copics. Since the reds tend to bleed, when I tried to color with Copics on this small image they immediately ran outside of the lines, so I started again in pencils.



No dp was used, only SU! cardstock and my Snowflake CB embossing folder. The red ribbon is some generic I ordered from the internet a few years ago.

That's it! Clean and Simple...hope you like it!

14 comments:

  1. Hi Barb! This is I love this, who needs decorative paper when you color like this! My sis in law would really love this kitty Christmas card.
    Hugs,
    Pam
    http://stampsinc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! Considering the herd of cats that my husband and I have (seven), this card really speaks to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an amount of cards u make.The people who recive your cards must be very special looking at the amount of work u put into creating these beautiful cards. What a gorgeus card to add to the many u will make.Hugs Debra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Pam, love your colouring as always and the image is a cutie along with the big red bow, it is stunning. I'm sure your friend will cherish it.
    Thanks for the inspiration
    Hugs Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb, what a great card and love the little insert inside. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barb...you did it! Very clean and simple (not too many layers and not too many froo-froo embellies). I think it takes a lot more skill to do a simple card well than a "covered" card. You did this one very well. Love the cats in Christmas hats! I will just have to break down and try some digital images. Scares me to death! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Barb, I am so sorry calling you Pam in my earlier comment, I had just received an email from Pam, then seeing her comment above. Please forgive me & let me start over.

    Beautiful card Barb, love your colouring as always and the image is a cutie along with the big red bow, it is stunning. I'm sure your friend will cherish it.
    Thanks for the inspiration
    Hugs Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, Barb, this is precious. Mo's image so cute. And yes definitely clean and simple works here--in fact it will work with all her images, I think. Awesome colouring as always. The inside of your card is equally gorgeous.

    Hugs.
    Norma

    If I haven't made enough Christmas cards by early December, I may do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your coloring is fantastic. Looks like real fur..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Barb! Sorry for not visiting in a while and thanks so much for the supportive comments you left on my blog about my illness.

    I've missed seeing your wonderful artwork, but catching up now. This card is just gorgeous, I love the colouring and the inside is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful coloring and shading on this adorable Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, so elegant and pretty!!
    I love your card!
    xoxo
    Vivi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I adore your sweet card hun, the image is adorable and I love the colours you have used too!
    Thanks for popping by so much, hun, love to hear from you!
    Hugs Tab xxx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment.

Hugs....Barb