This week, Challenge "Mom", Lisa S., has challenged us with a very interesting sketch. I really had a hard time imagining this sketch, so it really was a challenge for me this week.
As I've been riffling through my stash of cut DSP pieces in a box I kept seeing these red, black and white, scraps that just seemed to go together. So I pulled them out and started playing with size, placement, and various combinations of ribbon. The little black hearts were perfect with the ladybug piece, the black and white gingham and the red and black ribbon just seemed to tie it all together.
This is what I came up with.
As I was digging through a drawer I found a whole sheet of these sweet images my friend had stamped off for me some time ago. It's a retired SU stamp the name of which I know not, but I thought she would be so cute with my paper choices.
My image is colored with both Copics (face and hands) and Prisma Color Pencils (blouse). I used my distressing tool to rough up the edges of this piece and adhered it to a piece of Real Red cardstock.
The ladybug was made by punching a 1" circle each of red and black, cutting the red in half. The head of the ladybug is made using a 3/4" circle and adhering to the back of the 1" black circle. I put black dots on the wings (red 1" circle)and sponged black ink on the edges then adhered them to the larger black circle. The anteana are very thin strips of black card stock. Both the focal image and the ladybug are adhered with dimensionals.
Thanks for taking a look today and I hope you will check out the other talented lady's work by clicking on the Blogger button on my sidebar then click on a name.