Thursday, November 18, 2010

Straying away from the norm...

Once in a while I just need to break away from my beloved Maggies and try something else. I found a couple of challenges, one at Lovely hAnglar Only requiring a image with snowflakes and one at Wild Orchid Crafts wanting Blue Christmas. So here is my entry to both of these challenges...

I regret to say that I have only one snowflake punch to my name! I have used it over and over again. So I built the snowflakes for this card by using different colors of cardstock and by painting them entirely with Icicle Stickles.

Here is the card I made...



A view of the card from each side...






I finished the inside off with a pocket at the top, using my newly acquired Magnolia Vintage Tag punch and the Tilda Lace edge dies...



Here is a closer view of the pocket and tag...



And finally, here is a closer view of this sweet hAnglar image - I have no name for my image...



I colored this image with Prisma Colored Pencils, used a little Glimmer mist on her and all the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts.

Thanks for stopping by my blog for a visit. Your comments are always appreciated!

Blessings and hugs,
Barb

17 comments:

  1. Very pretty Barb! Beautiful job coloring this adorable little hAnglar girl....I do love these stamps!

    Blessings,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Barb! That little hAnglar girl is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb this is totally amazing! I love your blue christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Barb!! I love this!! She is absolutely adorable!! I wish I had some of these images!!! Someday...sigh... anyway, your card is perfect as usual, love the blues you used!!!!
    I'd also like to thank you for all the lovely comments you've left for me, they make my day!!!
    Hugs,
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  5. AB FAB! girlfriend, love how you added the pocket and tag on the inside and loveing all those snow flakes, positively delightful
    smiles
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card Barb -- didn't realize you had so many Hanglars! Tell Santa you want another snow flake punch for Christmas!!!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love these hAnglar stamps! She's adorable holding her card. Love the pocket with the tag on the inside. Always love your flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWE Barb! You always do awesome cards (IMO) and it doesn't matter which image you use. This one is so sweet and the blue coloration is beautiful. Your coloring is always beautiful no matter the medium. You are an artist!And a great one.

    Love and blessing, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card with that adorable hAnglar image.....magnificently colored and showcased!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Barb...it's fun doing cards with other images once in a while, huh?! Such a darling card! I love the colors & DPs...and the snowflakes are just perfect!!! You've also shown us all that, not only are you brilliant with Copics...but you also ROCK with other mediums!! Gorgeous!
    Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  11. your card is so wonderful :0)))

    Thanks for playing with us at lho ;0)

    Hugs Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello,
    Very beautiful card. The color is perfect. Congratulations!
    I liked the words of Billy Graham.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful!!! I love blue and white, it's just so elegant! And your coloring is gorgeous as always! Fabulous snowflakes and flowers! I love it, Barb!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply adorable!
    Thank you so much for joining the Wild Orchid Crafts challenge this time around. Good luck!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is just beautiful, inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really lovely Barb, the colours are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment.

Hugs....Barb